Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Strange error in makemdl

Guest Ben_Alfoldi

Hi everybody,Im getting a strange error (strange to me) when trying to export my model with interior. I have middleman and using the new fs9 makemdl with it. Here is the important part from the error log:Generate BGL...Done!Generate crash tree 1 (1064 bytes) Assembling: C:modelsexport21.azmC:models21_1.asm(37597) : error A2054: forced error : value not equal to 0 : 65536 ERRS16(1): Macro Called From IFMSK(7): Macro Called From C:modelsexport21_1.asm(37597): Include FileError!Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance :DRegardsBen Alfoldihttp://www.ab-simulations.com/banners/ben.jpg

Guest electeddonkee

Damn I used to get that error and I can not remember what I did to fix it. A few things that I remember doing:Try to get rid of any objects that contain only vertices and no edges or faces.Also, Middleman is not the problem, it however can be used to fix ur problem now that I think about it. I think I fixed the error (Again, I THINK this was it) by disabling the "Optimize" function in middleman before export. it is selected by default. Try de-selecting it.Thats all I can think of for now, hopefully it helps. :)

Guest Erick_Cantu

Too many rotation keys. Same problem the early DC-10 had and until recently the 737-300 and -200.

Guest PAtom

try to delete "major" components (wings, engines, gear,...) before compiling. if the error is gone without one or two of them, your model might be too complex for the x-file export plugin in gmax. ive postet a little workaround on freeflightdesign (model too complex,..) which could work for you.tom

Guest electeddonkee

I have not noticed any difference in my model when not checking the optimize button, supposedly it "performs optimizations". What those optimizations are I have no idea. Sorry

Guest Firestriker

Export your model with the Optimize option unchecked and save your ASM files and look at the model drawing code *_0.ASM. You will notice that you can find your individual parts in the code. Export it again but with the Optimize option checked and save the the ASM files again. Look at the code and you will see that many parts that you could find before, you can't find now. Makemdl.exe has combined smaller parts of the mesh geometry into larger meshes.Lou

Guest electeddonkee

Interesting find! I dont know how much that affects the FPS in the sim, but good to know. thx for sharing!

Guest roman2109

I had some kind of similar problem. In my case it was due to too many animated parts with the same tag (in my case it was animated jet nozzle and had about 48 parts lever_throttle) was parented to root part (in my case to fuselage). After I re-parented all these parts to another (not root) part and that part was parented to a fuselage compilation was done successfully.

Thanks for that information, Roman. Since 'discovering' how to create/use 'dummy nodes,' I've begun using them more and more to avoid these types of issues, but more importantly, they allow me to 'group' (without using "Group") related parts easily.One such heirarchical 'grouping' that I've found extremely useful is to take all the parts that're mapped to the same texture.bmp, and placing them under a 'dummy node' that carries the name of the template! :)When you have four dozen small parts that are mapped to a single texture template, it's nice to have a way to quickly re-select them in order to export a new .md3 and use LithUnwrap to generate a new "master template!"Before, I'd have to scroll through scads of parts, trying to remember which ones were mapped to a particular template... :(Of course, there's almost always going to be the 'odd duck' that for reasons of animation, cannot be arbitratily assigned to a 'texture node,' but those are few and far between. Also, there's a chance that one or more parts - for reasons of template size restrictions - cannot be mapped to the same template as the rest of their 'cousins,' but again those are the few exceptions to this method...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator