Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this......

Guest sammn2002

As the subject says this may be the wrong place for this but i need a gauge designer to work with me on a panel i have been working on for some months now. I dont want to show any previews of the bitmap right now but if anyone is interested in making some gauges for the panel (which includes overhead, fmc, main panel and possible throttle quadrant). Please send me an email to sam_needs03@hotmail.comThanks,

Guest sammn2002

Anyone....jeez... :-zhelp

I would assume from the lack of response that everyone is busy with their own projects at the moment. Please bear in mind that gauges are not "built overnight..." That is, they aren't if there is any intention to make them fully operational and realistic.For some projects I've spent as long as six MONTHS developing the gauges and tweaking the bitmaps and/or vector graphics for optimum display.I respect your desire to keep your project 'secret,' but if you could at least supply a list of the required gauges, it would help gauge designers determine just how much time would be involved in your project.It may well be that some of our existing work could be used in your project with a modest amount of effort... :)On the other hand, if every gauge would have to be developed from the ground up, that would require a significantly larger investment of time.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest sammn2002

Obviously i realise gauges are not made overnight, i'm not a newbie to FS i've been around for a while and have learnt alot of stuff and know the general time for the creation of gauges.

Somehow "Anyone....jeez..." and "Obviously i realise gauges are not made overnight, i'm not a newbie to FS i've been around for a while and have learnt alot of stuff and know the general time for the creation of gauges." seem to contradict each other :)I echo what was already said, as your first bump seemed to imply impatience. I've had people approach me for help and I've always found it best to wait before responding... It may very well be that others are still thinking about helping you, but after seeing your second reply I think that will turn many off.... You replied to what I consider one of the gurus of aircraft design--and neither of us has experience to match his. And being secretive about the project won't help since most sane designers would never commit to a project sight unseen.-John

Guest panzerschiffe

What Sam is saying is that if you are interested in helping, then please contact him or post.If you aren't interested, don't.

>What Sam is saying is that if you are interested in helping,>then please contact him or post.>>If you aren't interested, don't.Actually, I did express a desire to help, when I suggested that perhaps some of our existing work could be adapted for his project.I was polite, and invested valuable time in a sincere effort to provide some guidance and support.But, from the rather snippy response I received, I'm no longer interested. I don't have time to waste playing games.

Fr. Bill    

Guest sammn2002

I'm sorry if i seemed heavy handed. Its just that i have asked many gauge designers if they would be interested in this project and they wish to not participate or are busy. I have been searching months for a gauge designer and after months of sending emails, its just wasnt happening. Thats why i am was bit annoyed with the "Anyone....Jeez" thing.Sorry if i offened anyone. But good news now that a gauge designer has accepted the offer of doing this project with me and its should begin to pick up again!

>But good news now that a gauge designer has accepted the offer>of doing this project with me and its should begin to pick up>again!Congratulations! I hope that everything works out well for both of you...Understand that I spend 12-16 hours each day working with gauge and model design, as it is how I make my living... :)A good part of that time is spent coordinating my effort with our texture artist(s), so that what we create together will fit together the first time and doesn't have to be done and redone.If either of you have any specific questions or need assistance with anything, please do not hesitate to email me directly at n4gix@comcast.net, as I am usually at my desk and able to respond within minutes to any email.

Fr. Bill