Sign in to follow this  
Guest electeddonkee

Virtual Cabins

Guest drucci

OK, I've been doing some research into this topic and I have learned the following:1.You need source codes for an aircraft in order to add a virtual cabin to it, otherwise its not possible.2.Only two types of Flight Simulator airliners exist that come with virtual cabins: IFDG's 737(payware) and MELJET's 777(freeware).3.Virtual Cabins for Airbus aircraft, specifically A319 do not exist.I use a Airbus 319 created by CSI. The aircraft is perfect in every detail, except it lacks a cabin. I want to add a virtual cabin to this aircraft that I can use with Active Camera. It seems that my only choices are to wait for one to be designed, contact someone at CSI to either create a cabin for me, or let me have the source codes so I can import the aircraft into GMAX and create a cabin myself.If their is anyone who might be able to shed some light on this issue, or who could inform me of a tutorial on how to create a virtual cabin, it would be greatly appreciated.Thank You !!!

Guest Eurosky

"IFDG's 737(payware)" I think you mean the PMDG 737 ;) You are correct about the cabin. Not many planes have them. Trying to get CSI to make a Cabin is i think not worth the time. I believe the group doesnt exist anymore. I dont think they will ever give the source away, but you can always try offering them a Cabin so they can export it. :)

Guest Valid_Andy

hey, just to add feel theres ERJ145 has a VCab too but im not sure about the others - I know their is more than just those 2

Guest drucci

>I think you mean the PMDG 737 ;) >>>I dont think they will ever give the source away, but you can>always try offering them a Cabin so they can export it. :)Hey I appreciate the responses.Maybe designing a cabin would be a good idea, but if the CSI group is defuncted, then it might be pointless. You are correct, it is PMDG not IFDG. I wouldn't mind paying for a good Airbus 319 with a virtual cabin and cockpit, and all the complexities that PMDG boasts, but right now that aircraft doesn't exist. I like there new 737-800/900, but paying nearly $60 for the 737NG base and the 800/900 update is a little too steep for my simming right now. Plus, I've heard mixed reviews about the frame hits from this new addition.One designer I would like to get on the Airbus kick is Melvin Rafi. The Meljet Boeing 777 is a really sweet airplane. I use one of his earlier versions that just has the first-class cabin and I get good frame rates with that model.

Guest electeddonkee

Aerodesigns tries to make all of their aircraft with Virtual cockpits and cabins. If you like airbus with Virtual cabins then check out the the Aerodesigns A340 and A300, both available on avsim. www.aerodesigns.tk for more :)