Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Ice On The VC Windscreen

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Many of you may be doing this now in your designs, but I haven't seen it so I thought I would share it. Simple, but most things are.Here is an example.http://s95171098.onlinehome.us/Frost.wmvIn the VC, you hide the "Frost/Ice" out of view until you need it. You animate it, make it move from hiding to blocking the VC view, using an unused keyword. Example -- call it "tailhook", make a xml gauge that will toggle the "tailhook" flag based on ambient temperature - dew point ....what ever you wish.The example video is from gmax with the animation running in a loop. In FS it will stop after changing positions.Regards,BobSSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problems.. ..Have K&E and know how to use it!

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob,Long time no see. Yes, this is one of the ways of doing frost. Notice you do not need to use tailhook, as in your example, or any other token that can be toggled through the use of a key event, since in the new MakeMDL you can add whatever custom animations you wish to the MakeMDL.parts.xml, then use that part name in gmax/3DS, and use a custom L: var to control it.