Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

FS2004 Reload Gauge

Guest harry3

Hi!How looks the new code for the Reload Gauge.In FS2002 it looked like this;but now???Reload(>K:RELOAD_PANELS,bool) (>K:RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT,bool) & &Regards,Harry

Hallo,Just:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)and(>K:RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest harry3

Hi!That doesn't work.I can't save my xml gauges while FS is running!?Any ideas?Regards,Harry

Hi,(Works for me)While in flight press:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)Then edit and save your (uncabbed!) xml-gauge.Back on the flightdeck press again:(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)You should now see the results of the editing.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Harry, I've used the same gauge I built for FS2002 in FS9 with no problems whatever! ???(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Harry,I had the same issue. FS2004 on XP keeps an open file handle to each XML gauge (at least it does on my systems). This prevents other apps from writing. You can release the handle from FS2004 using a third party tool such as 'Process Explorer' from www.sysinternals.com. Here is how:1. Open Process Explorer and click on fs9.exe.2. Menu > Find > Find Handle3. Enter 'xml' and click search4. Double click on the .xml gauge file you wish to save5. The file will now be highlighted in the lower pane.6. Right click on the File entry, then Close HandleThe above procedure will release the handle for a specified XML gauge, allowing you to save the file from you editor while FS is running. Next, you can use RELOAD_PANELS as described in this thread.It is not clear why FS keeps all of these handles open. Closing the XML gauge handle does not seem to have any negative impact. In my testing, the above procedure works for a gauge until Windows is rebooted, even across FS reloads. That behavior is a complete mystery to me.I would be interested to know why some folks do not have this issue (i.e., what version of Windows?)Regards,Rich

Guest Robert Sanderson

I'm using XP home, and the same technique described by Jan has been working well for me. I have a bitmap in my reload panels gauge with "RELOAD" in big red letters, I click on "RELOAD" to unlock the gauges, make changes to the gauge I'm working on, and then click "RELOAD once more and the modified gauge appears.Strange that it doesn't work that way for everyone! This is a big timesaver when working with XML gauges, and I would not want to be without it. :) Robert

Guest Eugen

Hi,Using the above code worked fine in fs2002 but in fs2004 it usually only works one time then I cant click anymore at the same height could be other buttons as well. I need to reload the aircraft then push my reload button then I can save my xml ile but next time I try to push reload I can't it doesn't work to click on any buttons at the same height as the reload button, however other buttons located at a other heights work, strange feature?? Running Xp Pro with all updates//Eugen

>Hi,>Using the above code worked fine in fs2002 but in fs2004 it>usually only works one time then I cant click anymore at the>same height could be other buttons as well. I need to reload>the aircraft then push my reload button then I can save my xml>ile but next time I try to push reload I can't it doesn't work>to click on any buttons at the same height as the reload>button, however other buttons located at a other heights work,>strange feature?? >>Running Xp Pro with all updates>>>//EugenHello,I am reviving this thread as Eugen is describing EXACTLY the same problem I am having. RELOAD_PANEL works the first time (to allow edits), but can't be clicked on a 2nd time. Thus I am forced to use my key mapping to Reload Aircraft. Not a big deal, but I am puzzled as to why I can't use the gauge twice like so many others are able to.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I only need to use it ONCE to "unlock" the gauges, then I use the keyboard sequence I've mapped for this purpose... (Ctrl-Shift-R)

Fr. Bill    

Can I join in? This works everytime for me and don't need a bitmap for the more lazy amoungst us like me. I use this a lot.cheers,nickPanel Reload(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)

>Can I join in? This works everytime for me and don't need a>bitmap for the more lazy amoungst us like me. I use this a>lot.>cheers,>nick>>>>>>> >> > > > > > > >>> Panel Reload>(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)> >>Hi Nick,Thanks. BTW, your tutorials on XML gauge programming are outstanding - you are really getting me over the hump. This is the first I've seen that polygon tag, where it is documented?By the by, are you able to click on this for edits and then click again? Or do you reload the aircraft?Thanks,J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi J, glad the tutorials are proving useful. I'd like to write some more, but finding time is difficult.You click on the gauge and that 'frees-up' (not freeze-up :() FS so you can edit an active gauge and save it. Without the initial click, you cannot save a gauge. After saving the gauge, click again and the changed gauge is reloaded. You do not have to reload the plane.Not sure the polygon is documented anywhere. Have a search here for a lot of useful stuff. The following might prove useful. You put these vector graphics into the code where you would normally put in any bitmap information. The square brackets means this info is optional or rather additional. If you use any of the info in the square brackets, then remove said brackets.cheers,nickRectangles:Circles:Lines: []Polygons: []

>> Panel Reload>(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)> >>This is precisely the same mouse code I've used for over two years. Most of the time it works just as expected. For those few times when it doesn't, I've mapped Ctrl-Shift-R to "Reload Panels" in the Options/Assignments menu... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Eugen

Hi,Here is my working reload code. My reload problem doesn't occur any more but I have also reinstalled fs9.(>K:RELOAD_PANELS)BrgdsEugen