Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

XML Autopilot Gauge

Guest greenco

I am desigining an autopilot gauge and want to display the NAV1 direction (VOR1 OBS) on the gauge. I have been using the XML code that is in the Boeing 747 cab file, as my examples. I have drawn new bitmaps and have everything coded and working, except for this one item. The panel for the Learjet has it displayed, so I know it can be accomplished. I have tried using each these two examples of code (one for each of the three digits) and neither example will work. I have the mouse coded so it will actually change the VOR1 gauge, but the digits on my gauge will not change. What am I doing wrong?Example 1:(A:Autopilot NAV1 lock dir, degrees) 359 + dnor 1 + s1 100 / 10 % flr l1 100 % 99 > if{ l1 10 % 9 - + }Example 2:(A:VOR1 OBI dir, degrees) 359 + dnor 1 + s1 100 / 10 % flr l1 100 % 99 > if{ l1 10 % 9 - + }Thanksgreenco

Hi,Not totally clear to me.If you want to see the OBS, you could use:%((A:NAV1 OBS, degrees) dnor)%!03d!Or a needle, sort of rmi: (A:NAV1 radial, radians) (A: Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - pi +Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest greenco

Thanks a million Jan!!!Your info for the worked perfectly. I have been fighting this for three days.Thanks againgreenco

Guest greenco

Jan, I was able to use your info to do the same thing with the verticle speed, altitude and heading indicators. Not only was it a lot easier, but the digits also look much sharper. I spent a few days trying to program the gauge, using the Boeing 747 cab files (as examples), but this method only took a few hours. I am indebted to you for pointing me in the right direction. I will consider the first attempt a "learning experience" and move on.Thanks againgreenco

Hi,You 're welcome.Same for IAS or MACH.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"