Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

H-60 Blackhawk design

Guest kabalah70

I am very displeased with the panels and aircraft.cfg files for any H-60 Blackhawk I have seen. (They seem to be all Bell Jetrangers with H-60 3-D models wrapped around them)I want to design a real H-60. I am working furiously at both the cockpit, having done most the panels, and about to begin on gauges.I have also started modding the Config file. I am starting with Jordan Moore's H-60 from Hovercontrol, which is beautifully rendered.But as soon as I put the correct gross weight and empty weight, it will no longer lift off the ground. I have tried added rotor data from the R-22 but without any improvement. All I can to is drive around on the ground.Any and all help would be appreciated. The whole reason I bought FS2004 and downloaded the H-60 add-on was to practice my instrument flying. I will share the finished product with all.Sincerely,David T. WoodwardCW2, USAMaintenance Test PilotUH-60 Blackhawk

Warrant Officer Woodward,Are you only modifying the aircraft.cfg file? If so, that will never get you near what is required. You need to modify parameters in the aircraft *.air file. Visit http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html , download and install AirEd152 and the latest aired.ini file.Open the aircraft's *.air file and look for the helicopter sections, 1400 Series. Also look at Section 311, # of engines. Beware, I don't think MSFS can control twin engine helicopters.I recommend you download hh65a_dolphin.zip and review what they did for the *.air model.W. Sieffert

Guest kabalah70

thanks, I was running FSEdit after modifying the .cfg file like MS says in its documentation in order for it to modify the .air file. But I think this does not work correctly.

No, No, you don't want to do that! It will cause too many problems with the helicopter *.air model.W. Sieffert

>No, No, you don't want to do that! It will cause too many>problems with the helicopter *.air model.No kidding! I've been sorely tempted to issue a utility that will search out and destroy all copies of FSEdit.exe on the planet, it's such lousy bit of code... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest kabalah70

I have created all my panels and have them toggling just fine from the forward view. So I have started to make gauges for the panels. I figured my first attempt would be with a switch, the battery switch to be more precise. I don't KNOW XML, so I looked at other files and tried to piece together the architecture. Here's what I ended up with:I have three .bmp files for the switch in the center, forward, and backward positions, they are all 17w X 25h (pixels)I have the .xml file:(A:Electrical master battery,bool)I used PowerArchiver to create a CAB file with these four files in it and placed it in the Gauges folder of the game.I placed the call of the gauge in the panel file.None of it worked. I played around, and created a new .cab file and included the .xml and .bmp files from the Handheld_Radio .cab file, since I new it worked by itself.Guess what, my battery switch now appeared on my front panel and worked completely, except for the help tag calling it the Aileron control or something.Unfortunately, it still will not appear on my upper console panel, which is where it should be.Any help explaining these anomalies would be greatly appreciated:(1) Why will it work with the handheld stuff in the .cab and not without it?(2) Why is the help tag wrong?(3) Why will it not display on my overhead panel?Thanks,David WoodwardP.S. It is quite a mind-binder to teach myself this stuff by trial-and-error. .CAB file not attached because This frum won't let me upload it.

Here's one suggestion...Save yourself a LOT of time and don't bother 'cabbing' the file until you have ALL of your gauges finished...All you need to do is create a FOLDER within the gauges folder, named with your gauge name, and place the 'raw' XML files and bitmaps in that folder.Like this:gauges.....mygaugename.........switch.xml.........switch_background.bmp.........switch_on.bmp.........etc.bmp

Fr. Bill    

Hi,The switch looks ok.You don't have to "CAB" your files.Just make some directories under Gauges, or, more easy in the end!!, in the panel directory of your aircraft.Give that directories easy name's like "main", "ovhd", "ped" etc.Put the xml files and bitmaps in here.The ones for the main panel in "main" etc.Now, in the panel.cfg, the name of the gauge, say batt.xml, becomes:Gaugexx=main!batt, hor(x), vert(y), width, heightor, when put in the directory "ovhd": Gaugexx=ovhd!batt, hor(x), vert(y), width, heightPut that gauge of course in the overhead panel window section of the panel.cfg!Instead of help id you can use:Main Battery Switch"Tooltip" is far more easy to use.You can write what you want.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

For FS2004, why not place the gauges in the respective aircraft's panel folder vice the main gauges folder?W. Sieffert

Since he had not specified which version of FS he was using, I didn't want to muddy the water by making that particular suggestion. Since I no longer deliberately design for FS2k2, all my gauges for a given project go in the a/c's panel folder for easier maintenance. Since my gauges are designed for a specific a/c, and are all 'talk to each other via shared variables,' it makes more sense that way. :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest kabalah70

Oops, I am using FS2004. I still don't understand why the switch will show and work on my front panel, but not on my upper panel. And why my switch will only work when grouped with someone else's product. I will try not CABing them and see what happens

Here is code from the TB20GT "Master Switches." I noticed that you are trying to use the CENTER position of the switch as the "background" image. This should work, but you have only one showing.This little "cluster" is comprised of the Master Battery & Master Alternator switches, but you can easily see the "pattern" for the syntax from this example.Although it isn't apparent from the bitmap names, this is a "latched pushbutton" type switch. That's why the names may seem "backwards" from what you'd use for a "toggle switch..." :)The rather "odd looking" for the Master Battery is my "solution" to the peculiar behavior of the stock FS variables, that insist on turning the Avionics OFF whenever the Battery is switched OFF. Since these are latched pushbuttons, this is unacceptable behavior! :)(A:Electrical master battery,bool)(A:General Eng1 Generator Switch,bool)0 (>K:TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY) (A:Avionics master switch,bool) 0 == if{ 0 (>K:TOGGLE_AVIONICS_MASTER) }Alternator Switch

Fr. Bill    

Guest kabalah70

Doing away with the CAB file and just putting my stuff into a directory got rid of my need to include someone else's gauge to get mine to work. I have the HELP_ID / TOOLTIPTEXT tags to work, although I don't fully understand them (is there a file or something naming the tags?)Anyway, I still cannot get my gauges (switches) to show up on my overhead panel. They will only work on my front panel. I make the same call as you can see in this abbreviated panel file:// This Panel.cfg file created by FS Panel Studio panel editor utility - http://www.fspanelstudio.com// Built Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 21:26 FSPS Build:14591[Window Titles]Window00=Blackhawk CockpitWindow01=GPSWindow02=CollectiveWindow03=CautionAdvisoryWindow04=CompassWindow05=HoverAndFireDropwindow06=Overheadwindow07=Radio[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,GPS_PANEL,COLLECTIVE_PANEL,ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL,COMPASS_PANEL,OVERHEAD_PANEL,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,10VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=0.500VIEW_UP_ZOOM=0.500//--------------------------------------------------------[Window00]file=H60panel.bmp size_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=bell_206b!Rotor, 206,571,66,66...gauge36=SimIcons!Avionics Icon, 525,700,20,17gauge37=H60!Batt, 240,305,17,25gauge38=H60!Gen3, 280,305,17,25gauge39=H60!Gen1, 320,305,17,25gauge40=H60!Gen2, 360,305,17,25...//--------------------------------------------------------[Window06]file=H60_upper_console.bmppixel_size=573,710position=0visible=0ident=OVERHEAD_PANELgauge00=H60!Batt, 240,305,17,25gauge01=H60!Gen3, 280,305,17,25gauge02=H60!Gen1, 320,305,17,25gauge03=H60!Gen2, 360,305,17,25Any ideas?

Yes, why are the x,y gauge coordinate postions identical on both the main and overhead panel?Presumably, they are different sized graphics, so the x,y coordinates are most likely NOT identical...Can you actually SEE the switches in FS Panel Studio?

Fr. Bill    

Guest kabalah70

I am not using FS Panel Studio.I can see the switches on the front cockpit panel, but not on the overhead panel.