Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

H-60 Blackhawk design

Set the x,y coordinates to 0,0 for the overhead panel, and then see if they show up. I suspect your coordinates are WAY off the panel bitmap!For complete details on gauge code, d/l the "Aircraft and Panels SDK" from the MS website.The syntax for gauge placement is: x, y, h, w

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest kabalah70

You were totally right, completely off the screen they were.I moved them to 0,0 and also found out they were HUGE on the overhead panel.I had already downloaded and read the Panel & Gauges SDK manual, but obviously didn't understand it.I appreciate everyone's help.I photographed every gauge today at work and plan on working them into bitmaps to bring some realistic texture to my cockpit.Now that I have the basics down and the graphics issues worked out, my next foreseable stumbling block will be with the XML code. I will, of course, post my problems here.I plan on giving everyone credit for their help when I finally package my Hawk up for freeware distro.

If you are planning on extensive panel work, you really should get FS Panel Studio. It's ~$30, but it's the best investment I've made in FS for design work! Nothing beats a visual drag-n-drop work space... :)OTOH, you can get reasonably close coordinates from your paint program, by placing the cursor on the panel background where you want the upper left corner of the gauge to be. Keep in mind that even "circular" gauges actually have transparent, rectangular corners... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest kabalah70

My gauges(instruments,radios) are almost all in place. Almost all the Help and Tooltip IDs are in place, as well as many of the Mouse functions. I have not animated anything yet, so no working indicators, but the radios work, which brings me to my first problem that I have been unable to solve.How to you swap active and standby freqs on the COM1? Seems silly to me that the Event ID to do it, namely, KEY_COM_RADIO_SWAP is unsupported!Anyway, I am not letting this hold me up. I am hoping to finish my placements and start into some heavy coding.

>How to you swap active and standby freqs on the COM1? Seems>silly to me that the Event ID to do it, namely,>KEY_COM_RADIO_SWAP is unsupported!That command works just fine. You do have to have the correct entry in the aircraft.cfg though:[Radios]// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 1Com.2=1, 1Nav.1=1, 1, 1Nav.2=1, 1, 1Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1For each of the radio types you have, you need the second parameter to be set = to 1... If it is zero, then the standby (and SWAP command) won't work... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest kabalah70

My .cfg file is set correctly, although I didhave to check it because I wasn't thinking about that. But it was good.Here's the code:...

Commands in FS are Key-Events, and require a >K: prefix. Here is the complete code for a COM1 radio section. Obviously, your mouse areas will be different, but this shows the syntax of the command structure. Notice that areas such as SWAP are set for a single click, but commands that call for "continuous tuning" are set for ... :) 0 (>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP)Tune COM1 Whole Up0 (>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)Tune COM1 Whole Down0 (>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)Tune COM1 Fraction Up0 (>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC)Tune COM1 Fraction Down0 (>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC)

Fr. Bill