Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Turbopropeller autothrottle

Guest Peyroteo

Hello,I'm developing an aircraft (BAe ATP - turbo propeller) and trying to put an auto throttle in it but do not work well, there are many oscilations in the throttle until it stabilize.I try, with some success, work around in aircraft.cfg, autopilot section, changing the value of autothrottle_max_rpm=???.Have you any better idea?By the way, I can't put the logo lights working in the model, they light but I can not see what it iluminate.Thanks.Best regards,Peyroteo

You can reduce the autothrottle oscillation by givingmax_throttle_rate= in the aircraft.cfg a smaller value.Rob Barendregt

Guest Peyroteo

Hi RobThanks for your tip, now the throttle moves smoothly.Peyroteo

Only drawback is, that the autothrottle also moves slower when you want it to move fast.E.g. when you activate autothrottle when the current throttle position is idle. The FS autothrottle algoritme is just too simple (and worse than in FS2002).Rob