Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

There must be something I'm overlooking...

Guest Stan V

Can somebody please enlighten me about what might be causing the following problem and how I might correct it ...I have an old Dreamfleet Cessna 172SP panel I am trying to use in FS2004. It mostly functions okay except for the fact that the two 2D panel bitmaps both show up bright red in the sim regardless of the aircraft's interior light settings. The gauges are all colored okay (and they seem to function okay as well - with a couple of minor exceptions) In addition, there is an overlaid yoke bitmap and it too is colored normally. When viewed outside of the sim, however, the two panel bitmaps in question display normally in Windows XP. These bitmaps are both 1024 x 768 resolution with 24-bit color depth. The aircraft is a third party aircraft with a virtual cockpit. The VC is colored as expected in the sim as well. This is the only panel I have that has this problem. Even Dreamfleet's Cessna 182S and Cessna 182RG panels from about the same era display just fine.Stan V.

Guest Stan V

Never mind, guys - I found a (the) culprit and a solution.The first gauge listed in the panel.cfg file under each bitmap is a gauge called DF172_BG and DF172_BG_LOW respectively. If one removes these gauges by commenting out the reference line, the correct daytime colors return. Haven't tried to illuminate the panels at night with the gauges removed but I wouldn't be surprised if the panel lights don't work but that's okay for me.Stan V.