Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Strange problem when adding switches

Hi all, I am trying to add Rob Barendregts pushback panel to my PMDG cockpit, however, a strange problem occurs after I changed the panel.cgf file.I added the lines gauge00=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 0, 0, 50, 36gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 0, 36, 86, 64gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge08=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge09=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge10=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 95 // 95:Default overall sound volumeto the radio stack window, as shown in Timothy Metzingers tutorial. Ofcourse I unzipped te gauges and wav. files to the correct folders. When I start up the PMDG 737 i get the following problem, as shown by the next pictures:before changing the panel.cfg:http://members.chello.nl/a.nederstigt/before.jpgand after the change in config:http://members.chello.nl/a.nederstigt/after.jpgCan anybody tell me what I did wrong and what I can do to correct this?

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Guest Charlie Hall

Not sure, but I thought Rob's pushback gauge should be installed in it's own new extra window. At least that's how I did mine. I don't own the PMDG yet so I haven't any information about how the panel cfg is configured, but I have seen some strange designs that do not have what would usually be the main window as the first in the list. There could be something that is blocking the main window if the PMDG design is like that. You could start debugging by temporarily disabling the added lines, done by putting double forward slashes in front of every line you have added and see if the result is as the original was before you added anything. Then go from there. If it is not restored then something else must be messed up so you could then look elsewhere. I think you might need to ask Rob or PMDG support about this one.

Well, maybe I can :-)Is this the 737 600/700 model ??It looks you have made a mistake in editing the panel.cfg (either put the gauges at another WIndow, or accidentally removed other stuff)Probably the line that defines the main panel bitmap.Please add the original AND updated panel.cfg as a "Text-File" attachment and I'll have a look.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply. I have included a link to the two config files.This is the link to the original PMDG 737-700 panel.cfg:http://members.chello.nl/a.nederstigt/Panelbefore.txtAnd this is the panel.cfg that gives me the strange error as shown in the picture. I tried adding the pushback panel to the radio panel, window08 in the config.http://members.chello.nl/a.nederstigt/Panelafter.txtCan anybody spot the fault that can explain the strange graphical error? Like the program forgets to use the background bitmaps.Thanks in advance for your help.Regards,Arjen

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Arjen,Are you absolutely sure that what you call panelbefore.txt DOES work ???Because the only difference (after a file compare) between the Before And AFter is in the radiostack window, which isn't even visible yet when you load the aircraft. Hence the gauge are not even loaded, so with all my knowledge :-) can never give this effect !!!.Try your panelBefore again; I'm (99.99%) sure it will give the same problem. Be sure to load the same aircraft and panel !! (If I understand correctly PMDG has a non-VC and VC model).And if so, compare it with the original PMDG panel.cfg.It looks like FS cannot find the main panel backgound bitmap file.(737NG_Main_Background_1280.bmp).So also check that all panel folders contains this file.Rob

I found the cause of my troubles. It was my own mistake (as expected..lol). What I did was add the lines of the pushback panel to the panel.cfg in the 2D cockpit folder. I then copied the whole panel.cfg and pasted it to the VC cockpit folder, wrongly assuming (Never assume, it makes an #### of U and ME) that the config files were identical. When I realised my mistake I just pasted the lines tot the VC panel.cfg, and everything works like a charm now.Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Groeten terug uit Eindhoven, en bedankt voor het maken van de fijne add-on, maakt het weer een stukje realistischer.....

Arjen Nederstigt

System: