Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bassy

Dark_Orange

Guest Bassy

How come?Everytime I use 'Dark_Orange' as a colour in a xml-gauge it comes out White? Few colours that are usable give the colour I want. I tried to work in 16 and 32 bit but no go.Whats Up???ThanksBassy

Try using the RGB hex value of the color you want instead of the 'name'.If you have Photoshop, or Paintshop Pro, you can just use the color picker to choose a color and view the hex value, otherwise you can start here: http://www.hitmill.com/html/colorchart.htmlThere are a number of these color choosers on the net which will give you hex values for RGB colors.--Jon

Guest Robert Sanderson

"Everytime I use 'Dark_Orange' as a colour in a xml-gauge it comes out White? Few colours that are usable give the colour I want. I tried to work in 16 and 32 bit but no go.Whats Up???"Hi Bassy, If I understand you correctly you're talking about the background bitmaps, not digital gauge text hex values.Gauge bitmaps are 8 bit (256 colors) in flightsim, try increasing them to 24 bit (16 million colors) in your editing program before making changes. Dark orange and other color variations will show up then. When you finish editing or creating, compress your bitmaps back to 8 bit before using them in FS2004. I've found Paint Shop Pro is pretty good for this, and Imagetool works well also. MS Paint is somewhat less desirable as far as I can tell, it seems to reduce the image clarity more than the others.If you were talking about digital text, then Jon's answer will allow you to display text in digital gauges in any color you want. :)Robert

Guest Bassy

Thanks Jon and Robert you helped me out. I'm working with numbers now, much easier with the colorchart Jon pointed me out.Be aware, some colour numbers let the FS2004 CRASH, the program, not the plane ;o)Greetings,Bassy