Sign in to follow this  
Guest prospector21

xml - what am I doing wrong?

Guest prospector21

A little section of code for another one of my gauges. Trying to display 1 of 4 images based on a value range. Found that dividing the ADF1 Signal by 180 gives about the right distance for each of the imgaes to display. Also found that using "div" verus "/" gives whole number with no fraction. Used String to display and results look good 0,1,2,3,4 and so on... But with the following only the "RH_Sig0.bmp" will display..?? ((A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div)Qustion; Can "Case Value =" support conditonal ranges? ex: Case Value= "0 = ! 140 %lt"Many thanks....

I'd probably have to test this to get it right, but as I recall, the maximum value of a signal strength is 256, so dividing that by 180 is going to give you a maximum value of 1 with rounding. Try dividing by 64 instead of 180. Also, try using (A:ADF1 signal, NUMBER), instead of ENUM.I'd say you're problem probably stems from rounding in any case. If you're only getting Sig0 to display it means you're only getting a 0 result. When you display your string for testing purposes, make sure you're displaying the value as an integer.--Jon

Guest prospector21

Thanks so much for the reply - The ADF max singal is 50,000 and the range from 0 to 255 is no or poor signal. Anything 256 and above is a good signal. With the following; %((A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div)%!06.2f!I can watch the signal level change as I move from the NDB. I tried other values to dive by but 180 is about the best to give me 4 equal points along the signal path.I also tried using "number" instead of "enum", but same result. Rounding should not be a problem with using "div" since it returns only a whole number. Still stuck....??

Not tested, but you can try to use (A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div 0 > (A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div 1 < && (A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div 1 > (A:ADF1 SIGNAL, enum) 180 div 2 < &&Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest prospector21

Thank you so much for the help from both of you, I now have it working correctly!! Removing the extra parentheses did the trick, but in the case of the statement, both sets of parentheses are still needed. If you remove the parentheses like that in the statement the display shows some like "%!06.2f!". After final tweaking found that a value of "144 div" results in the following singal; (@3000')image0 (grayed out,no signal) >36 miles from NDBimage1 (one colored bar on) 36 to 31 miles from NDBimage2 (two colored bars on) 30 to 21 miles from NDBimage3 (three colored bars on) 20 to 15 miles from NDBimage4 (all 4 colored bars on) <15 miles from NDB-----------------------;-)Any Landing You can Walk Away from is a Good Landing!!!!