Sign in to follow this  
Guest pscarratt

Moving Map Display

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Paul,Is it possible to share it also with me? If yes, here's my mailaddress: mattlieb@gmx.deWould be great!Best RegardsMatthias

Guest mitch19542004

I also would very much have info on this, it would be greatly aprreciated. justmitch@charter.netMitch

Wolfert,Thanks, but i have that adaptations already for a long time, see other threats here in the forum about the same stuff.I am still looking for a transparant background, but I was told that that was impossible (hardcoded?)For everyone, here is the code I use for the ND, only the flightplan, approach and destination airport are visible:(@g:currentPageNAV) @kNAVPageDflt == if{ 116 } els{ 116 }(@g:map_ZoomFactor) 1852.0 *(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians)(A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians)(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians)0xE 0xF (@c:FlightPlanIsActiveApproach) ?Greetings,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,now you confuse me? What do you mean with transparent in this matter?If you want only the flightplan visible that's the easiest to do. There is absolutely no altering of the XML-code necessary.Just use the GPS clr function. This will modify what you see on the map.You can either assigne a keyboard key to this clr (clear function) or - as I have done - create some little gauges (switches, toggles) for the zoomin-in zoomin-out function, and for the diffente display options of the ND. So I can adjust with one mouse click, which navigation aids should be visible on my ND and can very, very easily customize the look of my ND. When you have a look at the pic, of which I have posted the link above, you will see that only the approach, some intersections, the destination airport and the range (in this case 5 miles, changeable with the zomm function) are visible (VORs and NDBs are blacked out in this case).I could even manage with one mouse click, that only the rose or the expanded rose was visible - without any map, plan or whatsoever.Wolfgang

Wolfy,This is "Babylonian"I have almost the same ND as you do.But what i want is a transparant, look through, background of the GPS Map, so i can use it in the HUD!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,yes I guess, this is Babylon! Sorry, I really must have overread that you need this for a HUD - I assumed you need it for an ordinary ND (what actually surprised me, because I have seen your NDs here before and allways considered you as one of the xml-gurus in this forum)With tansparent I thought you mean black (0,0,0).RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang,Thanks for all the efforts.Btw. I can show the course line and first (next) waypoint of the flightplan on the HUD, but not the whole flightplan.(Probably the first one using a HUD as a replacement minipanel in the 767..........?)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Skymed

JanUsing your code in my HUD all I get is a black square. Any hints on what I may be doing wrong?Steve

Steve,As far as i know using something with "GPSMAP" in the HUD, always gives the black square.That is why I'm searching for the transparant background.When you want it in the ND you need all gps macro stuff etc., otherwise no flightplan.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest pscarratt

Steve,This is the code I use. I've added my own L Vars to control what is displayed. C:fs9gpsC:fs9gps(L:EFIS MODE, number) 2 == (L:EFIS MODE, number) 3 == || (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 1852 *(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians)(A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians)(A:GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK, Radians)1(L:EFIS MAP SHOW APT, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW VOR, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW ILS, bool)(L:EFIS MAP SHOW NBD, bool)0 0 0 0 0 0 0x5 0x5 0x7 0x7 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 0x4F 24 (@g:map_ZoomStep) case(L:EFIS MAP SHOW APT, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW VOR, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW ILS, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==(L:EFIS MAP SHOW NBD, bool) (L:EFIS MAP RANGE, number) 40 < ==0xE 0xF (@c:FlightPlanIsActiveApproach) ?1I've also attached the code as text because of the formatting issues on the forum!Cheers,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/82367.txt

Guest Ionizeyou

I just stumbled upon this topic a couple of days ago... can't believe I missed this one. I'm also quite interested in knowing how to change the airport symbols and background in the default GPS display. I thought I had it figured out, but it didn't work for me. Anyone with this information care to share?Thanks!

Guest Ionizeyou

Sorry Eugen... Guess I misunderstood. Does anyone know what it was that Wolfgang had come up with for his solution as above?

LSI think i have solved the problem of custom made symbols in the flightplan showed in a ND .Also the background is now transparant, so it is usable in a HUD.The code is far from perfect or efficient and still busy with it, altough very little time....If one is willing to consider improving the code, drop a message.Here a (bad) pic through the HUD at dawn.Jan

Very nice, Jan! Congratulations... :(I'm somewhat surprised that you haven't shared the secret for everyone's benefit though... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator