Sign in to follow this  
Guest maddoccanis

rutan spaceship one

Guest maddoccanis

i have posted a download on my homepage: http://home.earthlink.net/~maddoccanis/index.html that contains three airplane models. they are sort of beta test models and are still being polished, but i wanted to give people a chance to play with them. suggestions will be welcome. the three planes aare white knight without spaceship1, white knight with spaceship1 and spaceship one. wk will carry ss1 to altitude. to release ss1 use shift e. then move to the other aircraft and fire the hybrid rockets. the fuel is very limited (unless you have infinite fuel set), but if you climb quickly you can watch the fuel guage drop and the altimeter register over 328000ft! the speed brake on the panel or the "/" command will engage the "feathering" maneuver. lowering gears extedns two wheels and a front skid. i think the plane lands a couple of feet off the ground cause i didnt get around to fixing that yet. have fun....doc

"but if you climb quickly you can watch the fuel guage drop and the altimeter register over 328000ft!"How'd you manage that trick? 100,000 ft has always been a hard limit in FS2002/FS2004?-JohnEdit: Never mind--tried to get to your site, and there's so much javacript "junk" that it seems malicious to me--even if that's not your intent. Next time, post a direct link to your work or upload it here.

>"but if you climb quickly you can watch the fuel guage drop>and the altimeter register over 328000ft!">>How'd you manage that trick? 100,000 ft has always been a>hard limit in FS2002/FS2004?>>-John>>Edit: Never mind--tried to get to your site, and there's so>much javacript "junk" that it seems malicious to me--even if>that's not your intent. Next time, post a direct link to your>work or upload it here.Ditto on the unneeded "junk" on the page. I simply disabled the Javacript and forged ahead.4.5 MB d/l...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest maddoccanis

sorry you didn't appreciate my web design. it was intended to be entertaining not "malicious". if your time is so valuable maybe you should spring for a faster isp service.i uploaded these files to sim-outhouse. it is a pain to upload at several places as they all have different requirements. next chance i get i will put up a plain vanilla page just for sim files.the trick is to lie. an xml guage can be made to tell you whatever you want. i am working on a way to make the sky darken faster as you climb to look more like space.....doc:+

"sorry you didn't appreciate my web design. it was intended to be entertaining not "malicious". if your time is so valuable maybe you should spring for a faster isp service"I would if I could--however I live in the country as some of us hicks still do--no high speed access.I was able to download the package and I think it looks really nice. For a high flyer, Spaceship one really works nice and with the aircraft in landing config, I was able to go through "Reentry" with excellent control. And the separation sequence of Spaceship One from the "mothership" is really well done.If there were anything I'd change in MSFS, I'd love to see the 100,000 foot cap removed so we could simulate these types of flights.-John

Guest maddoccanis

i live in the boonies as well. i do a lot of business on the net so i got two way satellite service from direcway via earthnet. it is pricy, but i get about half the speed of a t-1 line and it would work in bumblebee!i get over the 100k limit by cheating, making an altimeter that lies. i am looking for a way to darken the sky more quickly as you climb....doc

Guest FelixFFDS

The screenshot looks nice, btw.Modelling curiosity question - did you use a 3-view or did you "eyeball" the model from photos, etc.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest maddoccanis

i scoured the net for every photo i could find. i did find one dead-on front photo. i did an made a greyscale copy and did an edgefind scan which made a pretty good front view. the rest was "eyeball". i wrote to scaled composites, but still havent heard from them....doc