Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Header files for GPS and XML Variables

Guest Wintifax

As promised, I'll share the header files for access to the FS9 GPS variables, as well as the additional variables described in Parameters.doc in the Panels SDK, which were already accessible by XML Gauges, but not yet in C Gauges.Okay, so here goes:http://www.winterstiger.at/christoph/stuff/ACParams.hhttp://www.winterstiger.at/christoph/stuff/gpsprop.hI've included a small help text at the beginning of each file. I hope that gets you started, of course C knowledge is required.What I didn't accomplish yet, is how to *set* the variables described in ACParams, especially the Payload station weights and the fuel tank quantities. If anyone has a hint on how to get that done, I'd be very thankful.Thanks for reading me,Winti

Guest Wintifax

The same files again, this time attached to the msg.

Hi Winti,Just a quick question.You reference Types in your file, for example Type 136 and Type 50.Where can I find the definition of the Types?Thanks,IkeCoyote Avionics Design

Guest Wintifax

No Idea. I've been trying to find the definitions for those types, but it's somewhere near impossible to get that information without the help of microsoft...Greetings,Winti

Hi Winti,Would you be willing to email me some samples of source code where you use gpsprop.h to access XML GPS data. I would be happy to return the favor.I am working on a project where I need access to the XML GPS variables and I am having trouble getting the IPanelCCallback, IAircraftCCallback, and the IGaugeCCallback functions to work.This is my first attempt at using them.My email addrss is islack@bellsouth.netThanks,Ike

>No Idea. I've been trying to find the definitions for those>types, but it's somewhere near impossible to get that>information without the help of microsoft...>>Greetings,>WintiWell, I tried your code. No luck.Sitting at KSEA I had it coded to input current lat/lon, set items to 25 and then distance to 10miles (converted to meters).Airport count: 0.Very odd considering I'm sitting on the runway of one. ;)As well, some things I've noticed about lat/lon.PLANE_LONGITUDE does not equal GPS_POSITION_LON. It appears the GPS system is using a different value in the gauges. Now... does this hold true for the variables you're listing?Since I can't get it to work at all, I couldn't tell you.Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest bartels

Interesting stuff. I'll have to dig in if I find time. BTW. have you explored the "fs9view" stuff by chance? By try and error and exploring the Ryan-periscope gauge, I found only fs9view:view, where only the both Offset... arguments, Zoom and On work, the other Pitch,Bank,Heading.. seem to be non-functional.Arne Bartels

Guest Joris

Could you please make these files available again?I'm also planning to dig a bit deeper in the .DLL files,would like to find a way to change landing runwaysof AI aircraft (and all the other stuff you can do with)Traffic Toolbox.ThanksJoris

Guest darrenecm

Does anyone have these two header files the author created? Seems I'm late to the party and the author's links to the files at his site do not work. And of course DCForum does not retain attatchments for very long :(Has anyone else made progress in discoveing any function offsets in the DLL that one could use from a C gauge environment?If anyone has the authors header files, could you email them to my address at darrenecm@hotmail.com or repost them here again?Many thanks.

Hi!Does anyone have these files?If anyone has files, could you repost them here again? Please.Thanks.P.S.Sorry, already found(http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=267957&view=findpost&p=1674230). Very thanks for n4gix.
No problem. I didn't bother with the ACPrams.h file since it is no longer needed. We have a much simpler way to access the XML Token Variables now anyway... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator