Sign in to follow this  
Guest DK8290

'Windows 7' in 2010

Guest Nick_N

THE FLAGSHIP PRODUCT TO FS11 AND DX11 WHICH WILL PROVIDE MIND BLOWING GRAPHICS AND REALISM LOOK AT THIS IMAGE OF NYC USING DX11 AND WINDOWS 7http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186377.jpg(just a joke, a funny.. a ha-ha) ! :-lol If can they just keep marketing on a leash this time around I don't see any problem with it.

I'll have too upgrade my Atari all over again. My TRS-80 finally died.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Look at that empty parking lot??? How did such a stunning lack of realism get past the beta team?

Guest firehawk44

Those almost real looking wakes made my all those boats means DX10 Preview has finally been fixed. Yeah!!! Jim

I hear the boat wakes are a real FPS killer! :-lol

Jim Wenham

>I hear the boat wakes are a real FPS killer! :-lol Did you know you can turn the boat wakes off, with an obscure setting in your FS11.cfg file.You can also control their size and shape, and the .fx file used, by other FS11.cfg file settings.I suggest you do a search for further details.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Sorry, I did find the tweek.TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BOATWAKE_PER_CELL=4500I'll bet someone will actually try it!

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

>Sorry, I did find the tweek.>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BOATWAKE_PER_CELL=4500>>I'll bet someone will actually try it!No, thats wrong.. thats for FS11 RTM, for FS11 SP5/DX11.3 its:HARBOR_MAX_AI_BOATWAKE_WITH_SINGLE_DIESEL_ENGINES_RPM=4500HARBOR_MAX_AI_BOATWAKE_WITH_GAS_ENGINES_RPM=1200HARBOR_MAX_AI_BOATWAKE_WITH_MUTIPLE_DIESEL_ENGINES_RPM=5500HARBOR_MAX_AI_BOATWAKE_WITH_JET_TURBINE_RACE_ENGINES_RPM=35500 NOTE: last entry creates roster tail with wake -and- water spray on desk below monitor if viewed (zoom)too close

There you go again Mr. Know-it-all!

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

>There you go again Mr. Know-it-all!You must have the June 2012 DirectX update and the Vista holographic projector plug-in installed for those lines to workFrames drop like a rock unless you are tied into the CRAY research lab system.. you need the CRAY Service Vista update for that too. MS will rent CRAY connection time to you through the MS Passport system. All you need is a credit card

"All you need is a credit card"Thats what my wife always says.

Jim Wenham

What ? You mean your current FSX does not look like this ?Please give your FSX config tweaks, there is obviously something wrong with your machine @-@. Maybe Nick can help you out.Jan

Guest firehawk44

It's great to see that everyone has a good sense of humor. You gotta have that in this hobby! Thanks to all of you for putting a BIG smile on my face!Ciao,Jim