Sign in to follow this  
Guest pscarratt

More Radio Questions

Guest pscarratt

Hi,How is the best way to get incremental increases/decreases in the COM1 Active/Standby and the COM2 Active/Standy frequencies?This is the code I created (Com1 active only shown) although I have some problems as it doesn't quite count properly (rounding errors?)COM1 Active Increase 1 MHz(A:COM1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, megahertz) 1 + 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET)COM1 Active Increase 10 KHz(A:COM1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, megahertz) 0.01 + 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET)COM1 Active Decrease 10 KHz(A:COM1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, megahertz) 0.01 - 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET)COM1 Set1 Decrease 1 MHz(A:COM1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, megahertz) 1 - 100 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + (>K:COM_RADIO_SET)I had a look through the SDK Events but couldn't see seperate events for the active and standby frequencies.Any ideas?Many thanks,Paul ScarrattPS Panelshttp://www.pspanels.co.uk

Hi,I use:COM 12 windows:(A:Com1 active frequency, MHz)(A:Com1 Standby frequency, MHz)1 knob with 4 clickspots:(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC)(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC)(>K:COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC)(>K:COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC)1 Swap button to choose between active/standby:(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP)COM 22 windows:(A:Com2 active frequency, MHz)(A:Com2 Standby frequency, MHz)1 knob with 4 clickspots:(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_DECREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_DECREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_FRACT_INCREASE)(>K:COM_STBY_RADIO_WHOLE_INCREASE)1 Swap button to choose between active/standby:(>K:COM2_RADIO_SWAP)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/83409.jpg

Guest bartels

If you have enabled standby frequencies in the aircraft.cfg the .._RADIO_SET events do set always the standby frequency. To activate them, use the _SWAP_FREQUENCY events. To inc and dec try e.g. KEY_COM_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC or KEY_COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC. Note: sometimes it's better to use the _SET events since other gauges might trigger some events permanently, and then FS uses always the big increment (by tens), even if the triggered events have nothing to do with your events!Arne Bartels

Guest pscarratt

Hi Jan,That way you can only have a knob that alters the standby frequency on each radio - I was trying to set it up so that you could change either the active or standby frequency for each radio.Any ideas?!Thanks,Paul.

Guest bartels

One possibility: introduce your own standby frequencies in some L: vars and use these to set and swap frequencies. You probably have to disable the FS stanby frequencies in the aircraft.cfg.Arne Bartels

Guest pscarratt

Hi Arne,I did have it working with L:vars until whilst testing I tried to auto set the frequencies using the ATC window - becuase I was forcing the COM frequencies to match my L:Vars the updates no longer worked!Thanks,Paul.

Guest bartels

I suggest L: vars for standby A: vars for active, standby disabled in the aircraft.cfg. You can use set,dec,inc directly for the active frequency, also auto tuning from atc still works. The standy L:var can be modified freely in background and if you want to swap, store active frequency momentarily (>G:, >L: or s0), set active frequency with standby L: value, move former active frequency to L: standby frequency (G:,L: or l0).Arne Bartels

I use this one (only for standby transponder code):(G:Var4) (G:Var3) 16 * + (G:Var2) 256 * + (G:Var1) 4096 * + >G:Var5) You need 8 clickspots to in- and decrease the (G:Var)'sand one to make the standby code active: (G:Var5) (>K:XPNDR_SET)The same should work for all other radio'sHope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest pscarratt

Jan,Clever - I'll have a play...Thanks for the ideas!Paul