Sign in to follow this  
Guest seniorcrown

Help with Automatic Flap Deployment XML gauge!!

Guest seniorcrown

I'm working on a gauge that uses the tailhook as an 'arming' device, which triggers the flaps to automatically deploy at 35kts and retract at 230kts, along with the tailhook (to de-arm the flaps). The problem is that: If you don't arm the tailhook during takeoff the tailhook is still toggled as you pass through the 230kt limit. Which then triggers the flaps if you dip below 230kts..... The code I'm using is: (A:TAILHOOK POSITION,position) 0 == ! (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 35 > && (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 230 < && if{ 1 (>K:STROBES_ON) (>K:FLAPS_DOWN) } els{ (>K:STROBES_OFF) (>K:FLAPS_UP) } (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 231 > (L:Beacon toggled,number) 0 <= && if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE) 5 (>L:Beacon toggled,number) (L:Beacon toggled,number) -- (>L:Beacon toggled,number) } Any suggestions would be most appreciated, or indeed any ideas on other sites I could try for help. Please bear in mind I'm not a competent programmer!!

Maybe this can help, I like to do this step by step then combine after testing. Kinda quick like, so there may be some slang in it. (A:TAILHOOK POSITION,position) 1 == (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 35 > (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 235 < & &amp if{ 1 (>G:Var1) } (A:TAILHOOK POSITION,position) 0 == (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 35 < (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 235 > || || if{ 0 (>G:Var1) } (G:Var1) 1 == if{ (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 35 > (A:AIRSPEED TRUE,knots) 230 < & if{ (>K:STROBES_ON) (>K:FLAPS_DOWN) } els{ (G:Var1) 1 == if{ (>K:STROBES_OFF) (>K:FLAPS_UP) } } } Hope it helps... Off to dinner and cocktails :-)))Regards,Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest seniorcrown

Off to dinner and cocktails eh...! Many thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Guest seniorcrown

Sorry, I still can't get the darn things to function properly. Probably because I'm a novice to programming anything like this and what I've pieced together so far has taken about a month of guess work! But I won't give up just yet.