Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_K

Engine dynamics

Guest Verran

A person would expect that with a new release of Flight Simulator, Microsoft would provide us with the utilities to better modify how our engines run...I'm working on a concept craft, and honestly, I'm having extreme difficulty developing stable engines. What I'm trying to achieve is stable propulsion at speeds up to and including mach 4.0-4.5... Essentially what happens, at high mach/altitude, the engines begin to perpetually spool upwards into infinity... Incidentally, pulling the throttle back does no good, and the craft no longer slows down.I'm not quite sure, at all, how to describe the issue. Above is the best explaination I can give, so if you have questions, please post them here, or contact me at verran@cox.net (MSN Messenger same address, feel free to contact)Thanks, anyone...Verran

Guest Ian_K

Hello Verran,we have the full jet engine model. What is the max MN you can attain? It seems to be determined by the airframe type you select. Best to search AvHistory for these technical questions then ask if the answer is not there. I think M3.3 can be attained. Also 100,000ft altitude is the max reliable ceiling.Air File Board, post March 2003http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/logon.aspWhen you get fed up with FS you can try Orbiter.See you there perhaps.Ian