Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

xml hud questions

Guest Eugen

Hi Jan,Looks great!Number 7 looks like the angle of attack indicator found on the Boeing NG PDF.Eugen

Guest Skymed

Well, this is only a guess.1 and 5 look like the runway ( associated with glideslope?), closer to ground shows runway at different angle?.2 and 7 look like glide slope.6 VSI?3 and 4 are hard to see, so difficult to tell.Sorry can't be more help.Steve

Guest _ak

Would you like show us sources?

Guest Bassy

Nice HUD.Will you upload it or is it for your own pleasure?If you need a beta-tester I would be glad to help you out.Let me know.Greetings,Bassy

ThanksJust don't know, never did.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,great work actually. :-eekOne thing tho - you say, just XML, "no bitmaps"?? Does that imply yuo use the XML "vector gfx" to draw onto the HUD??Would be interesting to know, since that would AFAIK be the first time something "vector-drawn" on a transparent background. :-hahThanks for any additional info regarding that.Etienne :-wave

Hallo,Just text and polylines with some code.Of course the HUD and 767 vieuw are background bitmaps.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>Hallo,>>Just text and polylines with some code.>Of course the HUD and 767 vieuw are background bitmaps.>>Jan>>"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"Well yeah, sure, I meant just the HUD itself. ;)Cool news. Now just wondering if that would be possible in C too... Huh! :-eekThanks for the info.Etienne :-wave

Hi,Jon Gibbs did it:jghgsv2.zipJan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Skymed

>Hi Jan,>>great work actually. :-eek>>One thing tho - you say, just XML, "no bitmaps"?? Does that>imply yuo use the XML "vector gfx" to draw onto the HUD??>Would be interesting to know, since that would AFAIK be the>first time something "vector-drawn" on a transparent>background. :-hah>>Thanks for any additional info regarding that.>Etienne :-waveActually, I have had a Helicopter HUD out now for quite a while that uses predominantly vector graphics on a transparent background.http://69.44.154.34/ifolio_files/file_gall...nels/HSIHUD.zipSteve

Jan,Looking at the pic, it looks like the text strings have some sort of antialiasing. Is this true? I've tried to use an "alpha" channel to make the XML text look smooth, instead of the "jagged" aspect for default, with no success so far. Regards,Tom

Hi,No antialiasing.Sometimes Arial Black works ok.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"