Sign in to follow this  
Guest pscarratt

PMDG Panel Switcher

Guest FlashFly

Hi all,I'm trying to do something that I know is dead simple. However I know very little about panel design and my attempts just seem to leave me with a black box in the middle of the screen.I am trying to create a panel switcher toolbar that has it's own window. I am trying to do this so I can move it to my second monitor (touchscreen) and use it there. As I need to drag it over the second screen I think it needs to be an undockable window.My attempts have been baised upon trying to alter the existing panel config and using the PMDG panel switcher gauge. But after a couple of hours I get nothing other than a black box.Anyone done something similar and able to provide help?Cheers,Phil.

Guest pscarratt

Hi Phil,You will need to do two things... 1st create an XML gauge with clickable areas so that it can uopen the subpanels. E.g.xxxx sub panel'ident' (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)'ident' is the name/number the subpanel is given in the panel.cfgThen you need to put that gauge on a new subpanel so in the panel.cfg:-[Windowxx]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=width,heightwindow_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=1ident=window_switcherwindow_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00='gauge name', 0,0,width,heightHope that helps!PaulPS Panelshttp://www.pspanels.co.uk

Guest pscarratt

Sorry Phil forgot to mention 1 thing - to stop it being a blank window you will need to create a background bitmap.This can be added to the gauge as such:-...etc...etc...etcThe area specified in the mouse section should be the clickable area you want. You can add more areas for each click spot.Cheers,PaulPS Panelshttp://www.pspanels.co.uk

Guest FlashFly

Hi Paul,Thanks for the prompt response. It seems more complex than I thought, but I am sure with some trial and error I can get it to work.There is already a panel switcher on the PMDG panel and I was hoping to just 'cut and paste' to make it a stand alone window.Here is what I think I need to add to the panel config file, is this is enough? As you say I will need a bmp image for the gauge so I know this is missing from below. //--------------------------------------------------------[Window17] // PMDG_737NG_Main!PanelSwitchersize_mm=300,30position=8visible=0ident=switchergauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!PanelSwitcher, 1022,13,210,27Thanks,Phil.

Guest pscarratt

Phil,I don't have the pmdg 737 but from what you've put I guess the panelswitcher gauge in the PMDG_737NG_Main.cab file doesn't have its own background. But if you create one you could add it to the panel.cfg rather than create a new gauge so you would have:-//--------------------------------------------------------[Window17] // PMDG_737NG_Main!PanelSwitcherfile=Switcher_Panel.bmp size_mm=300,30position=8visible=0ident=switchergauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!PanelSwitcher, 1022,13,210,27Then just put the Switcher_Panel.bmp file in the panel folder.Cheers!PaulPS Panelshttp://www.pspanels.co.uk