Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

A380 at Heathrow

Hi AllI'm taking the day off tomorrow to see the A380 landing at Heathrow, I've been told that'll land on the normal runway with the rest of the traffic, ie not land on the take off one. It'll touch down at 3:05PM. I seem to remember that the runway assignments swap over at 3:00 PM, so which is the most likely runway that'll be used. The wind will be from the North at the time.ThanksRen

For specials like that the most likely runway is always the one that isn't in use when you're there...It's always the same, the runway pattern is suddenly changed just for that one aircraft on short notice.It's Murphy's law.

now it seems that it may land on 27 as they have just changed the landing direction, hopefully be a bit clearer when i get there

Good luck, hope you get into a good position, bet there will be quite a few spotters over there.

Nice H.I.D. landing lights. The aviation world is finally catching up to the automotive world :-roll

Made the right decision and went to 27L :D :D , wow what a plane!! Almost as impressive as the size is quietness of the engines.

Guest Shalomar

I noticed only the inboard engines reversed, and it still didn't seem to take much runway.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave

>I noticed only the inboard engines reversed, and it still>didn't seem to take much runway.>>Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave>>I belive that's a feature of the A380. It only has inboard reversers.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)