Sign in to follow this  
Guest pscarratt

Rotate In Reverse

Guest pscarratt

Hi,Anybody know how to reverse the direction of rotation in an XML tag?Thanks,

Hi,That is mostly a matter of: "Points to...", pivot and axis;Item Value, x=".." and y=".."Just test and test and ....Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

If I understand you correctly, make the result of the value...value negative, say with -1 * at the end of the calculation.Nick.

Guest pscarratt

Hi Jan,What does pivot do?I've not come accross that one

Hi,If you use a polyline or something you define the coordinates of the line with x and y.The point of rotation is the pivot point:Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest pscarratt

I see...I've not had a play with polys yet...Back to the original question - Although what you said would work, I need to set two axis of rotation on the single image. Do you know if thats possible?Thanks again for all your support!

Paul,If you show the code or picture of what you want I could have a look and try.Btw. see other threadJan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>If I understand you correctly, make the result of the>value...value negative, say with -1 * at the end of the>calculation.If your code uses a non-linearity table, the "SDK approved method" is to reverse the order of the table from "lowest to highest" to "highest to lowest..."This will avoid neatly any issues with negative values in your formulae. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>If your code uses a non-linearity table, the "SDK approved method" >is to reverse the order of the table from "lowest to highest" >to "highest to lowest...">This will avoid neatly any issues with negative values in your >formulae.Good point Bill. We do not know his method. I try to avoid tables and take my result as radians, and mutiply by a constant to suit the application. If a rotating needle, for example, the constant converts the radian values to suit the angle of needle sweep. Perhaps he could give more details, as we both know, there are several ways of writing XML code to get the same effect.Cheers,Nick.BTW, still persuing alpha channels.

Guest pscarratt

Hi all,I'm going to explain a bit better what I am trying to acheive... This and my other recent post (Rotate on two axis) have come about because I was trying to create a two piece wiper. See the diagram, the first part is the wiper arm that rotates around the large circle - the second part is the wiper blade which aswell as rotating around the large circle, rotates around the end of the arm.Any ideas if this is possible?Cheers,

Paul,Clear, will have a look at my own wiper (shift/rotate)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest pscarratt

Thanks Jan,The more you play with this stuff the more and more you want to do! Its very addictive!