Sign in to follow this  
tedcook

Reading the Panel Vacuum state

XML, fs9. 'Vacuum Fail' token.How can I determine the state of the vacuum system by reading the token variable 'A:PARTIAL PANEL VACUUM,...' when I am using the 'TOGGLE_VACUUM_FAILURE' key?When I use the following test gauge and click the toggle switch the vacuum system on the aircraft fails and restores correctly but the bitmap for the switch does not change.When I set up the System Fail in fs9 then the bitmap works correctly, so the code reads the token variable in that circumstance.I have tried the units 'enum', 'number', 'bool', and 'flags' and the results are the same.(A:Partial Panel Vacuum,bool)Test Vacuum toggleThis is the last gauge on a long project, any help gratefully received. Ted

Hi,You could try:A:STANDBY_VACUUM_CIRCUIT_ONAlso have a look in the airfile vacuum systemHope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks Jan. Unfortunately I cannot get that to work.By the way - The fs9 SDK also gives the variation A:CIRCUIT STANDBY VACUUM ON,bool in the 'Parameters.doc' but that does not work either.Regards Ted

I see,This one works if enough pressure:(A:Suction pressure,inHg) 3 >Mind record 1512 in the airfile, all pumps on!.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks again Jan. However I need to find the status of the Vacuum system, whether it is in a 'failed' or 'normal' state.The test gauge is just to see if I can extract that particular information as there is a difference between failure and the engine not working.Regards Ted