Sign in to follow this  
Guest FredGer

How do I set up Visual Studio correctly...

Guest FredGer

Hey,I'm a total newbie to gauge programming.I need to know how I set up the Visual Studio enviroment so that it compiles .gau files instead of .exe files.This is probably a silly question but please help me!Thanks in advanceFred

Guest bartels

You can either use a so called "makefile" project, with the makefile provided by the Panel SDK or you create a new "Win32 DLL" project, add the SDK.c and SDK.rc file of the SDK to your porject, adjust the output to a .gau ending, adjust the linking options to link only user32.lib, compile.I suggest you get the latest of the sd2gauXX tutorials by Dai Griffiths from flightsim.com. It includes also the second procedure, and a LOT more info on gauges.Arne Bartels

Guest zip

Fred,It would help immensely if you could indicate the version of VS you are using.The GAU file is a standard win32 DLL, so you configure VS as if you would for a regular Visual C++ or Visual C DLL. You change the name of the output file in the linker property page (replace DLL with GAU as the extension).Also, make sure this is not an MFC DLL since the MFC framework will give you linker errors, in particular, duplicate DLL entry points. All required entry points and import tables are defined in the gauge.h include file provided in the SDK.Hope this helps,

Guest FredGer

I'm using VS 6.0. Since I'm really not used to the VS 6.0 environment I would appriciate a step-by-step describtion on how to set up the VS environment (for both ways as described above)!Thanks in advanceFred

Guest bartels

For a German version of VS 6.0 I can give the steps, assuming compiling the SDK sample.Make sure all includes (namely gauges.h or fs9gauges.h) are available:-Extras->Optionen->Verzeichnisse: Verzeichnisse anzeigen f

Guest FredGer

Thank you very much!!!Fred

Guest FredGer

Sam, check your inbox mail!