Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

Text string with XML gauge ??

Guest ilpagaia

Hy,I would like to ask you if there's the possibility to link an FS string text (the green line on the screen) in a XML gauge.For example, if I push a XML button gauge in the cockpit, the clock time appair in the text line on the screen (just an example ;-))ThanksStefano- Italy -

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Not that I know of. For such "info devices", I open a window containing the information I'm asking for, and have it automatically close after a short while. I.e. a "ask ATC for wind" thingy.

Guest ilpagaia

Sorry but i haven't understood the response.Could you give me an example ??Thanks a lotStefano

Hi,All kinds of strings can be made visible with xml gauges by pressing some button, rotating a knob etc.But it is not totally clear what you want.Show a picture or some code..Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I was only suspecting that he wants to write text in the textwindow where ATIS and chat information is displayed. Don't think you can write to this special window, although please correct me if I'm wrong. I could have had use for it myself :)Here is some example code of how I do it to display information that removes itself automatically after a short while - no need to click to close it.The icon that brings up the window, simplified here:(P:Absolute Time,seconds) 5 + (>L:Windcheck Timer,seconds) 75 (>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN)The windcheck window gauge, assigned to it's own window in panel.cfg:*close autoopened windows if appropriate*)(P:Absolute Time,seconds) (L:Windcheck Timer,seconds) > if{ 75 (>K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 0 (>L:Windcheck Opened,enum) }(*And the stuff you want to display down here*)Don't have time to proofcheck this, but should give you a hint anyway.