Sign in to follow this  

Is there a limit to the number of L variables that can be defined? Is there a limit to the number of total characters of all L vars? (ie. if I have ten L vars each with 10 digit titles... I'm up to 100 characters plus their data). Is there a number where the law of diminishing returns is invoked?

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi,I'm not sure but as far as I know there's no limit for L: variables.Best RegardsMatthias

Thanks... your example from another thread has me going on a massive master caution, and it made me curious. *grin*

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I haven't found a limit yet to the number of L variables can actually use, but I have found that there exist a limit to how much code can be used in one go.I.e. during my aircraft initialization, I have to split up the code and execute it in several steps in sequence to work. This is sort of a "cold and dark" system, where both built-in variables, L variables, and a shitload of timers are started.I verified this by putting in a comment. When I added one single letter extra to this comment, the gauge would not do what it was programmed to do. My worst bughunt ever... :)

"In one go" ...does that mean in one gauge? Or total for the panel(s)?

Guest Karl R Pettersen

In one gauge, or at least inside one value tag. A while ago, but I wonder if calling macros helped. I'm using macros now, but I'm not sure if I ever ran into troubles with this modification though...

Yes,I can confirm that there's a max. number of characters within one ... tag. Had the same problem as Karl :-)Without a doubt, the number of L: variables within one gauge will be limited as well; the question is only whether you will ever encounter that limit :-)I have an XML gauge with 90 L: variables, which works fine ..Cheers, ROb

Guest ghost84

Hi,As you can see in the attached gauge (which works fine), the limits of L: variables can't be exceeded easily. It's really hard to achieve that. :)regards, Franz

Hi,Impressive!What does this gauge??Any influence on framerates?Very curious.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Karl R Pettersen

HiI've attached one of the newer versions of the gauge that ran me into trouble. Using macros, I'm avoiding these troubles. Previously, I could not get all the "reset" functions to work.I've also included the TAS1000 gauge-code, just to show how macros can be used efficiently; even tooltips can be called as macros. The "messy string" is a concatenated version of a line separated one, as line changes are shown in FS9 with a bad square sign.None of these will work as stand-alone gauges, since they talk with other gauges, I only included them for reference. I'm not guarateeing there won't be bugs in there. Hehe, in fact, I'm guarateeing that there *will* be bugs in there, lol :D

Guest ghost84

>Hi,>>Impressive!>What does this gauge??>Any influence on framerates?>Very curious.>>Jan>>"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"Hi,The gauge is used for listing the cautions which appear at the caution display of my EC135 in the order of their appearance (oldest caution at the top). This gauge alone doesn't influence framerates very much. But with all the other gauges in the panel, the performance is requiring a good computer.regards,Franz

Great!!!!Myself wrestling where and how to put all warnings etc. in my 767 eicas.Postponed it until.........Will try to use some GPS scroll functions.Great again, what effort!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"