Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Which XML Editors handle .dtd and .xtr

Guest ptwaugh

Hi all,I'm realizing it would be an advantage to use an XML editor that made use of the .dtd and/or .xtr MS supplied. At one time I used Cooktop with some success, but no longer seem to be able to set it up to use these files. Further, Cooktop crashes frequently on me.So, I looking to find something else to use. I have Dreamweaver, but don't seem to be able to set it up to use these either, although, I've just been too bust to really learn this program yet.Any XML editor suggestions?Thanks,Stick

Just an opinion here guys, The .XDR from the 02 SDK is the same as the 04 SDK, which in fact has some errors if you follow it up with the .XML sdk. The best way is to search what FS gave you locked up in the .cabs and work by trial and error from there. While a editor relying on .dtd/.xdr will help in keeping syntax errors down to a VERY minimum. The newest goodies as I hope Steve ( skymed ) MAY tell you are NOT included in the files. Just my 2 cents. I hope I'M 100% ON THIS OTHERWISE %{else}% egg on face% Regards,Roman(KGRB)http://home.new.rr.com/spokes2112/images/Image2.gif

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest HC001ST - Stick

Yes, I realize that not all the syntax is in the current files, but I can fix that easily. Just want to use the features of validation. I've been using XML Writer, but it's expensive, and I've spent a ton of money already.Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Guest Skymed

Gotta agree with Roman.......the stuff MS included as error checkers are checked full of errors...........I am a strong proponent of see what works and then follow it ;-)Steve

Thnks Steve :-) Was trying to save the egg along with some pork fat for breakfast. Anyhoo, you can always check syntax either by:1: trying it sim, using panel reload to check if a failure happens.2: open it up in Internet Explorer ( sorry donot use others ) but if an error exsists, it well show you where, what, how, why.. to some point.I've tried many editors and still revert back to the old basics.Regards,Roman(KGRB)http://home.new.rr.com/spokes2112/images/Image2.gif

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap