Sign in to follow this  
Guest flying_eddie

syntax for strings

Guest flying_eddie

Hello,since I'm an absolut newbie with XML I think I need some help.I read the documentation from Arne Bartels already (really great, thanks a lot), but couldn't find the answer for my problem.What I try to do is simple: If the Temperature in Celsius is below 3 Degrees AND eng1 AND/OR eng2 anti ice is off, a warning should be visible.Thats my code for both engines with anti ice off:(A:Ambient temperature, celsius) 3 < (A:Eng1 anti ice, bool) ! (A:Eng2 anti ice, bool) ! && &&The code for engine1 or engine2 with anti ice off:(A:Ambient temperature, Celsius) 3 < (A:Eng1 anti ice, bool) ! (A:Eng2 anti ice, bool) ! || &&I hope I understand this so far, please correct me if I'm wrong.Since the warning should show up as text, I need the code in a string, right.That's what I did for the "OR" Situation:%((A:Ambient Temperature, celsius) 3 < )%((A:Eng1 anti ice, bool) ! )%((A:Eng2 anti ice, bool) ! ) || &&%{if}ICING%{else} %{end}But it doesn't work. I fiddle and fiddle, maybe I need to know more about the right syntax.A little help on this is appreciated.Safe landings

Hi,Try:%((A:Ambient Temperature, celsius) 3 < (A:Eng1 anti ice, bool) ! (A:Eng2 anti ice, bool) ! || &&)%{if}%ICING%Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest flying_eddie

Hi Jan,it works lika a charm and I understand a bit more about writing things in a strings. Now I will extend the string with more parameters.Thank you so much for your help.Gerhard