Sign in to follow this  
Guest zzmikezz

Earth Hour

Guest Steve Keating

"For those who take the gesture and apply it to their everyday life, doing a better job of conserving energy going forward, it is a good thing!"How do you save energy by going forward?Surely it would be better to stand still wouldn't it?SteveConfused.

far better to go backwards. Back to the stone age, cowering in a dark cave because lighting a fire is not allowed.Soot particles and CO2 production cause air polution, and of course chopping down trees for firewood is an environmental crime for which you will get burned at the stake (as usual the law doesn't apply to the church of Al Gore or to the State).

Guest Steve Keating

I think you'd use more energy by going backwards than you would going forward. Didn't Stephen Hawkin speculate that going forward in time was probably do-able but going back wasn't possible yet, or was it the other way around, hmmmm...bit of a paradox really.Anyway I still think you'd use less energy standing or sitting still.BTW jwenting, do I detect a note of cynasisim in your post?SteveEven more confused

uh, I hate to break the news to you but you're going forward in time standing still.It's called getting older and happens at one second per second (more or less ;) ).Cynicism? That'd be the day.

Guest zzmikezz

jwenting,In the immortal words of Steve Miller in "Fly Like An Eagle", Time keeps on slipping (slipping) ((slipping))Into the future.