Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Visual C++ .Net for Gauge Programming

Guest HartmannH

Sorry Bill. I'm currently just a bit too busy with getting the ATR done. I will create that template asap.

>Sorry Bill. I'm currently just a bit too busy with getting>the ATR done. I will create that template asap.Thanks... Whenever will be appreciated.At the moment I am back to vertex push-pulling anyway, on five different models... so my plate is rather full also! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Sorry Bill. I'm currently just a bit too busy with getting>the ATR done. I will create that template asap.Hi Hans!I'm still waiting, as patiently as possible... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest HartmannH

Oops. I forgot that over all the trouble with the ATR. Sorry. I'll send you a sample project asap.

Thanks, Hans. For the first time we at ESDG managed to get a complete project released without any real "problems" aside from a couple of very minor .cfg file boo-boos that had no real detrimental results... :)I look forward to whatever you send. I'm having a bit of fun at the moment coming to grips with GDI+, but only can spare a few hours each week to the process, as I'm simply too busy with GMax & Max modelling... :)Thanks again!

Fr. Bill    

Guest HartmannH

Can you tell me again what exactly you need? Just a basic gauge project that works in the VS.NET IDE and can be used with the debugger?

>Can you tell me again what exactly you need? Just a basic>gauge project that works in the VS.NET IDE and can be used>with the debugger?Actually, ideally it would be a "template" type file that would appear in the VS .NET IDE window, that would pre-set all the needed folders, conditions, and empty .cpp, .h, .rc, etc. templates automatically, such as what happens when you choose to build a Windows application, and the template kicks out a project where you need only "fill in the blanks."That is probably NOT what you have already done, now that I think about it more. I'm sure it COULD be done, but I suspect no one has actually gone to that much effort yet... :)Although I'm getting better at it, it just seems clumsy to have to remember to make all the "Project Properties" entries manually... I always seem to forget one or more settings... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest HartmannH

No, I have no such a template. But since I'm about to start a new project, this would be interesting for me too. I will look into it and let you know if it works or not ;-)

Thanks! I simply don't know enough yet to even attempt such a project, but it would certainly make life much easier for EVERYONE using the VC++ .NET IDE... :)Obviously, I CAN be done, I just wouldn't know where to start...

Fr. Bill    

Guest HC001ST - Stick

I think you need the full Visual Studio to create those templates.

Guest HartmannH

Not only to create them but also to use them. I own a (legal!) version of VS.NET 2003 Enterprise Architect so I'll give it a try.

Well, I own a legal copy of VS C++ .NET Standard, which has been "upgraded" to use the v7.0 optimized compiler. I haven't had any problem with loading and using the supplied "Project Templates" so I should be set...

Fr. Bill    

Guest HartmannH

Hmm. That doesn't look too good. I have a German version of VS.NET and ran into the usual "how did they translate it this time" problem. I haven't found anything about creating custom project templates. I'd be grateful if anybody could point me into the right direction.

>Hmm. That doesn't look too good. I have a German version of>VS.NET and ran into the usual "how did they translate it this>time" problem. I haven't found anything about creating custom>project templates. I'd be grateful if anybody could point me>into the right direction.Hmmm... It may be time to step outside the family and pose the question on one of the plethora newsgroups dedicated to VS.NET development... :)microsoft.public.vsnet.idemicrosoft.public.vc.ide_generalmicrosoft.public.vc

Fr. Bill