Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

XML vector antialiasing?

I found some older posts here in the forum, saying antialiasing was not possible for xml vector (SVG) gauges. Is this still valid? Or has anybody found a method to anitialias sSVG gauges? I definitely do not like the zaggy look of the rose and the arcs of my NDs, especially, when I have to size them down to fit into specific panels.If antialiasing still is not available for SVG, then I seriously consider to go back to bitmaps (at least for objects with round shapes). And this after all the hard learning of XML vector drawing! :-lolWolfgang

Guest zip

My understanding is that you can only use AA through GDI+ or DirectDraw. But, my understanding is often flawed. :)

You can't directly control the antialiasing of vecotrs, but any vector which is rotated automatically antialiases. Although I haven't tried it, you should be able to just rotate the element a small amount and get the result you need.--Jon

Great Jon! That's it! I Have now all the arcs and circles etc. rotating and the zaggies are mostly gone! I never thought, that a simple command would have such an effect!Thanks & kind regardsWolfgang