Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Compass card error

Hi,Reference this code,330..340..350..000..010..020..030..040..050..060..070..080..090..100..110..120..130..140..150..160..170..180..190..200..210..220..230..240..250..260..270..280..290..300..310..320..330..340..350..000..010..020..030n............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................360 (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, degrees) dnor near d 0 == ?Two questions,1) The values used to get the 'card' to operate correctly was a case of trial and error. For example, to get the 000 to coincide at each end of the 'card', to get the correct heading value, X="4070", etc. Is there a mathematical way to determine these values?2) I get this working ok giving correct headings with the gauge having particular XY sizes in the panel.cfg file. If I change the gauge size, the 'card' moves (even though the aircraft remains pointing in the same direction) giving incorrect values for the same code. Anyone know why?Thanks,Nick.

Nick,Had exactly the same problem, trial and error, so i abandoned this for another way:just 4 elements to show compass-heading in steps of 10 degrees, which, in my case, can rotate and shift according bank and pitch along the horizon bar.Is the HUD for a new "project"?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Ah, you've given me an idea. In my PFD for my C4SST I generated the alt and IAS strip numbers using XML, so that only the numbers on view were generated, and as a number moved out of the clipped area the new number from the other end of the clipped area was generated. So the numbers were generated on a rolling basis. Understand?I'll try this with my HUD compass card.The HUD view I have attached shows the heading as a generated number. I have removed the strip type for now because of the problems.The project is my F-117 which is nearly complete. I've done all the other gauges (all in XML). The aircraft view attached was compiled missing the cockpit interior (now complete), so the view through the cockpit window makes the cockpit area look transparent. The project has taken me 6 months so far, but I am pleased with the results. I hope this patch from MS does not mess things up.Thanks for the interest,Nick.