Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Black panel in 2D view on default MSFS aircraft

Anybody have any ideas on what is causing my 2D cockpit panels to display only a large black rectangle where the panel should be in my default MSFS aircraft. The panel will show up if I convert it to a title bar panel. I bet instrument descriptions when I pass the cursor over the black rectangle. I have looked at the panel.cfg files and they appear normal.Thanks for your help.Ken

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well that should not look like that at least in the default cessna panel where you maximize the window by closing the panel (rightclick). That cutoff area looks an awful lot like a thrid party dummy window with the panel removed but I geuss it could be the default. Did you try SHIFT 1 or 2,3 ? Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I have tried shift 1, 2 and 3 with no joy. Shift 1 results in the black rectangle disappearing and showing me the rest of the runway or outside front cockpit view.Ken:-(

Ken, that is a video card driver problem. You didn't state what video card you have, but find the latest driver for it and your problem will disappear - instead of your 2d panel! :)