Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Throttle position

Hi Eric,See my explanation above in another part of the thread....Summerised:1. You CANNOT see a difference between a AT-commanded and Pilot-Commanded throttle setting.2. But (if in an AT-mode) a read throttle position is DIFFERENT then the throttle position the ATsystem commanded previously, you KNOW the the pilot has moved the throttle.Sjeezz.. This gets confusing without an "answer" token :-) ...And you could solve the "displayed" throttles in the panel like Matthias described: you show the bitmap of the throttles depending on the AT state.Rob

OK !!!!!I finally got your point !! It took some time to understand, but now I get it. I'm silly sometimes...I understood. As I develop my own AT system, I know which value is commanded by the AT, so I make the difference with the value that comes if the pilot moves the throttle lever. You're right, it is a great idea. I will implement this ASAP and let you know how it works.EricPS. Can you send me an e-mail to marciano.eric@free.fr. I would like to tell you something "privately".

Hi Eric,See your Email .. (I just sent you one).That is, if you intended this request for me, and not Matthias :-) And to Matthias: clear to you as well :-) ???Cheers, Rob

Yes, please, Matthias, send me an e-mail also, so that I can get your address. Mine is marciano.eric@free.frThanks.Eric

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Rob,Absolutely clear. The idea to use the variable of the throttle set command and compare it with the current throttle position is very good. Seems a good way to solve Eric's problem.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi Eric,No problem. I write you this evening as I'm not at home at the moment.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi,Very interesting discussion!May be a small addition:In my 767 i use the Thrustmode Panel to set computed N1 for TOGA, CL, CL1, CL2, CON and CRZ (Weight, Weather, etc..)With AT and N1ref ON, the actual N1 is monitored and compared with the calculated N1.The difference between has influence on the Axis_Throttle_Set command, so that eventually there is a "balance" and the actual N1 remains steady.Still the throttle shows "oscillation" and to prevent that i give the throttle bitmaps a predefined position just for the look according their ownn variable, only when N1ref and thrustmode is ON.Back to AT and SPD or Mach the bitmaps show the throttle position according the normal A:Var thr. pos.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,Of course this was/is an interesting discussion, with this input from these talented designers :-) :-)...Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob and Jan,"with this input from these talented designers..."LOL, you're absolutely right :-beerchug :-lolJan, I know the throttle oscillation problem also from my TRP. I think the reason is because of a hardware throttle. The flightsimulator always tries to catch the position of the hardware throttle but gets also the order to stay in it's current position by the throttle_set command. I also think that the only way to prevent this is to freeze the bitmap in it's position if a TRP function is active. Would be nice if MS could make us the gift to disconnect and connect hardware (like throttles) with a code or to change aircraft.cfg settings while running.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi,Most of the time, with Thrustmode Selected, (Fadec ON?) I read a movement of the axis_throttle_set between 16384 and say 7000 to keep N1 in balance.Does that has much impact on Framerates?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Is there? not that i knowBoth use -16383 --> + 16383Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest zip

Just a wild guess:Multiple throttle mappings vs single axis (for those of us with multiple throttles) ?

For clarity, just a new part of the thread :-)...There are two main events to command the thottles:1. THROTTLE_SET (for all engines)and its derivates THROTTLE*_SET (for engine-*)2. AXIS_THROTTLE_SET (for all engines)and its derivates AXIS_THROTTLE*_SET (for engine-*)The difference (which, again, is specified WRONG in the SDK):AXIS_THROTTLE_SET is something from the past, and doesn't allow for negative numbers; so you cannot use it for reverse thrust.If you DO use a negative number, I haven't got a clue what/why happens.Example: specifying value -1000 gives a value of +47% throttleif you read it with (A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent)So it's probably kept in there for compatibility reasons.THROTTLE(*)_SET is the proper command to use now; it takes values from -16384 to +16384, with negative numbers being Reverse Thrust and value 0 being idle.Note that the negative number is limited by the value of min_throttle_limit= (GeneralEngineData section) in the aircraft.cfg (and in the .air file of course).So if you specify:min_throttle_limit=-0.20 in the aircraft.cfg, all values lower than -3277 will have the same effect as -3277.Cheers, Rob

Guest Eugen

Hi,Saw this post which and I wonder if there is any way to programatically unassign/assign the joysticks throttle ?BrgdsEugen