Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skymed

Triggering an event via Gauge needle position

Guest Skymed

Instead of using predetermined variables to trigger an event, I need to use the actual postion of a gauge needle to trigger a warning light.Problem Im having is that I need a warning light to come on when a gauge variable reaches a specific setting ie.TOT of >950. Easy to do, except that, due to the that the needle uses, the warning light appears a second or two before the needle gets to the point where the warning should be on.So, can I use the actual position of the needle to trigger the warning light, or is there a better way of doing this that anyone can think of?Steve

Steve,Just an idea:If you need the "delayetc", you can build a timer in the warninglight and experiment with the amount of seconds.Otherwise scrap the delay?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest bartels

Is the light really triggered by the needle? I ask since a certain delay in needle movement is natural, and the light might be triggered immediately. One way around is introducing the damping of the needle by yourself, and not by "DegreesPerSecond". A sort of damping is the "exponential averaging". yn1=yn*D+(1.0-D)xn1 yn is the displayed value of the previous frame, yn1 is the displayed value now, xn1 is the value from FS now, D is a "damping constant" (0

>Is the light really triggered by the needle? I ask since a>certain delay in needle movement is natural, and the light>might be triggered immediately. >One way around is introducing the damping of the needle by>yourself, and not by "DegreesPerSecond". A sort of damping is>the "exponential averaging". >yn1=yn*D+(1.0-D)xn1 >yn is the displayed value of the previous frame, yn1 is the>displayed value now, xn1 is the value from FS now, D is a>"damping constant" (0higher the damping (Never wrote that in XML though). You only>need one constant and the value from the previous frame, so to>L: or G:vars for the y.. parts (one for remebering yn, one for>driving the light on/off decision [yn1]).>Arne BartelsGeez Arne... trying to fry our feeble brain cells? ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest bartels

Na..Na.. not frying. Maybe a bit of encouraging warmth...Here an example, trying out is simpler then explaining:D is declared as macro, I want to type it just once not twice.It is the Baron airspeed indicator, slightly modified 0.9125...(Needle:)(G:Var1) @D * (A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots) 1.0 @D - * + d (>G:Var1)....(Lamp: or with , choose to taste)(G:Var1) 200 > ....Arne Bartels

Guest Skymed

>Na..Na.. not frying. Maybe a bit of encouraging warmth...>>Here an example, trying out is simpler then explaining:>>D is declared as macro, I want to type it just once not>twice.>It is the Baron airspeed indicator, slightly modified>> 0.9125>...(Needle:)>(G:Var1) @D * (A:Airspeed>select indicated or true,knots) 1.0 @D - * + d>(>G:Var1)>....(Lamp: or with , choose to taste)>(G:Var1) 200 > >....>>Arne BartelsOk I am trying to get my head around this one.What is the 0.9125 in the Macro definition? 0.9125Steve

Guest bartels

The factor D of my first equation (yn1=D*yn+(1-D)*xn1). It is a constant to describe the strength of damping, it as to be between 0 and 1, more to 1. I could give you the mathematical definition if you insist (some logarithmic stuff). The highr D the higher the damping and vice versa, you'll soon reach a value typically between 0.85 and 0.95, depending on how long the old values should be "remembered".Arne Bartels

Guest Skymed

COOL!!Works like a charm.0.9125(G:Var1) @D * (L:CorrectedTOT1,enum) 1.0 @D - * + d (>G:Var1) (G:Var1) 927 >= (L:annwarn,bool) || (A:Electrical master battery,bool) && Thanks ArneSteve