Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Removing VC from a/c

Guest Ruddman

I have the Project Airbus A320 and have used a A319 Panel from elsewhere which I used. The PA 320 doesnt have a 2D side panel view(front 2D panel is default 737) but uses the VC view.Problem is when I look out the a/c I see the 2D 319 view but also the PA320 VC side view which is kinda annoying. So I want to remove it and have tried but to no avail. I've deleted all the VC textures and whatever else but it remains.So any help would be appreciated.

Guest Valid_Andy

Sorry mate, you can't do it, it's not possible.The way around it would be to get rid of the 2d side views, which you can do in the panel.cfg in the panel folder. Just delete the sections relating to the bitmaps you want to delet. I think that is how it's done, but i'm no panel expert

>Problem is when I look out the a/c I see the 2D 319 view but>also the PA320 VC side view which is kinda annoying. So I want>to remove it and have tried but to no avail. I've deleted all>the VC textures and whatever else but it remains.>>So any help would be appreciated. Actually, there are two things you can do. The first method is the easiest, since all it involves is modifying the eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg file. The second is a bit more difficult, as it involves hacking the .mdl code to "disable" the VC completely.1) simply move the eypoint forward enough to be in front of the VC. Usually only a few feet is needed.[Views]eyepoint= 65, -1.40, 5.0In the case above, changing 65 to about 72 would place the pilot's eyes just in front of the windscreen. This has the advantage of still allowing the "wing views" that come with the a/c.2) Use a hex editor to load the .mdl file. Search for the following value: 0022003900The first occurrence of the string controls the aircraft's shadow.The second occurrence of the string controls the VC.Simply change the "39" in the second occurrence to "00" so that the value is now 0022000000 and save the changes.NOTE: The chief problem with the "hex method" is that you have now effectively disabled the entire interior model, which means you have NO cabin view, wing views, etc. You have essentially made the aircraft equivalent to an FS98 or FS2000 model, with only an 'exterior model' to look at...In the past, when someone has asked this question, I would only mention the first method. Because I was falsely accused of being part of a vast conspiracy to "conceal the hex edit fix" from the general public, I've included the information in this reply. In no way do I advocate anyone using the hex edit method... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just to make it absolutely clear, I was speaking entirely tongue-in-cheek with the remark about a "vast conspiracy to 'conceal the hex edit fix'..." :)OTOH, it would be uncharitable of me not to mention the full ramifications of using such a technique, by describing what all would be lost from the model in the process.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator