Sign in to follow this  
Guest JBH1989

Stopping a Starter

Guest Skymed

Fisrt glance is why stop a starter?Well I do not want the starter (and associated default sounds) to function at all when the master battery switch is off on a Turboprop aircraft.The KingAir350, C208 and the 747 will all initiate starter and associated sounds without ANY power applied to the panel, so I am trying to prevent this from happening in my aircraft.Any hints?

Steve,My starters depends from fuel, current, air, position, ext. pwr, apu etc..So i use some code like this:(A:Circuit general panel, bool) (L:DuctpressureL,number) 10 > (A:Elec fuel pump switch 1, bool) (Some other custom variables) && etc. if{ 1 (>L:starter1,enum) } etc.Then in a section somewhere:(L:Starter1,enum) 1 == if{ Toggle Starter etc.So it is impossible to start the engines without etc...Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Skymed

JanThanks for the reply. My starters have variables too that limit their function, but the starter sound runs regardless. I should mention that Im using a keyboard key/joystick button to activate the starter. With a purely graphic starter this seems to be a non issue.So it seems that, regardless of the programming, if the starter is activated externally by a key press or a joystick button, the starter sound runs even if the starter doesn't.I even used the master battery to turn off sound, but that caused even more issues as then when the battery was on, sound was always on and could not be turned off via the Q key.Always interesting figuring out these issues :-)Steve

Guest JBH1989

Stupid question, but could you pass the whole code for a gauge like that please Jan?Thanks/John