Sign in to follow this  
Guest McFly

Make a "Hot Spot"

Guest McFly

Hello,Very new to this. I looked in the search mode but was unsuccessful.I do have FS Panel Studio.Is it possible to add a hot spot or new icon to a panel? I just want to be able to open the cabin door from the panel, rather than key strokes. Trying to add this to the PMDG 737 series.Also, is there a WYSIWYG xml editor? Or, do you need such a thing?Thanks Terry

Hi,You can program a simple XML gauge to do this, which should work for any panel providing you make the necessary adaptment.You may use an icon to click for open/close, and a sort of xml commands like , etc.Hope this helpsTom

Are these XML commands pre-defined? Or do we define them as we go? If they are pre-defined, is there a list of them somewhere? If we define them as we go, how do we do this?Thanks-Matt SmithPPL-ASELKPWM

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Guest McFly

Tom, thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a progam like Dreamweaver that handles html coding. With that you just make an area hot then assign an action to it. XML looks to be an advanced form of HTML.Matt - That is the mystery for me too. Don't know where these commands come from. I did a little research on XML. It looks like there are pre-defined "action" commands as in HTML. I just got the Microsoft Panel SDK. Maybe that will be of assistance.Terry

>Tom, thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a progam>like Dreamweaver that handles html coding. With that you just>make an area hot then assign an action to it. XML looks to be>an advanced form of HTML.Actually, it is the other way around:HTML is a subset of XML... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Well, what'dya no.>>ThanksDa nada! Actually, the only WYSIWIG "gauge creator" is Easy Gauge from Bluesky Development. It will allow you to rather quickly assemble a C gauge, which is terrific for the casual programmer, or even for those of us with more dead brain cells than live ones, who need a rapid prototyping system... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,Maybe you have been "ZOOKED"! The Gators look long in the tooth these days!!Good thing the wife is in PA, or I would have to hear her moan over another loss.W. Sieffert

Guest McFly

Thanks Bill,Did a search for the BlueSky software. May be no longer available. I guess if I really want to do this I'll have to break-out the books.Take care,Terry