Sign in to follow this  
vcaptmattsmith

Landing View Toggle - How to do it?

Hi guys-I'm designing a panel for a 172, and I've got a landing view I'd like to include. I've got a gauge created to toggle the landing view on and off, but I can't quite figure out what I need to put into the XML file after the "Click" to make it toggle the two panels. Any ideas?Thanks!Matt SmithPrivate PilotKPWM

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Hi,You got in the panel.cfg the window sections.For example:[Window Titles]Window00=mainWindow01=landing vieuw........[Window00]file=MAIN.bmp size_mm=1024,768window_size_ratio=1.00 position=0visible=1ident=0gauge00=.... etc.[Window01]file=LANDING VIEUW.bmp size_mm=1024,768window_size_ratio=1.00 position=0visible=0ident=1gauge00=.... etc.Put an XML gauge in both sections.In the first the click code can be:0 (>K: PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 1 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN)In the second:1 (>K: PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 0 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN)0 and 1 are the ident numbers (ident=0) of the windows.You can take other numbers of course.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan-Thanks so much for your help! I have encountered a problem, though. I plugged that code into the gauge and put it in the panel. The gauge shows up as it should, however when I click on it nothing happens. I have the panel IDs set correctly (0 and 1, respectively). Any thoughts on what might be still gumming up the works? I tried changing the views to numbers that the Panels SDK recommends (10001 and 10002), updating both the ident numbers and the numbers in the gauge, but when I do that the gauge disappears entirely.Thanks for any further assistance you can render!Matt SmithPrivate PilotKPWM

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Hi,I use 0 for main and 3 for landing vieuw with no problems.This is the code for main to landing vieuw:0 (>K: PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 3 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN)and this one for landing vieuw to main:3 (>K: PANEL_ID_CLOSE) 0 (>K: PANEL_ID_OPEN) Mind: i put a space between : and Panel to avoid an emoticon!otherwise it shows: (>K:Panel etc.)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"