Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

gmax 1.2 will not install

Guest GTO

Hi I have downloaded gmax 1.2 , but when I go to setup to install it, it keeps saying"the feature you are tryng to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available insert the gmax disk and click ok.I have gmax 1.1 and tried to install 1.2 in over the top of 1.1 but get the same message.I have unistalled gmax and used regcleaner to remove all gmax entries but I get the same problem. I have tried to use the copy of gmax that came with fs9 from the disk and also saved it to my hard drive but still the same problem. Can any help.

Guest Lionel Goh

try browsing to the gmax setup folder :)

One, do you have a dual boot computer setup, i.e., Win98Se or WinME, WinXP. If so, you may find gmax will load on the Win98SE/ME side but will fail to load on the WinXP side. I have this condition on my computer. I thought it strange that I could get gmax to install on the WinXP side when other were successful. In redoing my wife's computer, which was originally dual boot, I reformatted and only installed WinXP. As a test, I installed gmax on her computer and it installed correctly.Two, you may have an installer error problem from your previous installation of gmax. Download msicuu2.exe from www.microsoft.com. It attempts to correct installer problems. Start the program and check to see if it shows a gmax installer. If so, follow the instruction on deleting the old installer. These usually reside in the WindowsInstaller folder. It is vertually impossible to locate these installer by hand.W. Sieffert