Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

xml time between waypoints

Hallo,I am trying to get the time (ETE) between the different waypoints of a flightplan in the LEGS page of the FMC, see real pic.Using the known GPS WP Var's i only get the time to the next waypoint.I tried some unusual GPS Var's like: @c:FlightPlanWaypointATE FlightPlanWaypointETE, but until now no succes.Is there a solution for my problem?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/96460.jpg

Guest Eugen

Jan,Have you tried to set the FlightPlanWaypointIndex eg 2 (>@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) before using FS9GPS_FlightPlanWaypointETE/ATE or (A:GPS WP ETE, minutes)?Just some thoughts/Eugen

Jan,You have a problem, because you can only read either the DESTINATION ETE/ETA, or the next waypoint's ETE/ETA.What you want to do can be done, but it won't be trivial:1) First you must store the lat and lon of each waypoint in the leg. This can be done by advancing the (>@c:FlightPlanActiveWaypoint) index, as Eugen mentioned. Reading the lat/log of first and second waypoints in the leg, and store them in variables.2) Next, calculate the distance between the waypoints based on a great circle or rhumline formula (depends how acurate you want it, and how large the distances are).3) Next calculate the time required to fly that distance based on groundspeed.4) You now have the ETE for that leg. Rinse and repeat for each leg, and the cumulative distance should be close to the total ETE.--Jon

Thanks Eugen and Jon,I have done that already, lot of work, but my question remains:Why are the waypoint names, bearings, distances and remaining distances in the flightplan ok (of course using the fs9gps codes like waypointindex) and why is it not possible to show the correct leg times, while there are some good GPSvariables, which wont show up.I tried also leg distance/groundspeed and that gives the correct time, but only again to the next waipoint; it won't shift with waypointindex like bearing and distance.In the before GPS aera i was able to show the correct legtimes with the greatcircle calcs, but was not able to load flightplans...Nothing is perfect, back to the drawing board.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"