Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

KEY_AP_NAV_SELECT_SET question

Guest HartmannH

Hi everybody,I just came across that one in gauges.h so this is just out of curiosity. Does anybody know what it does?

Guest bartels

I'm not sure, I think it allows to select Nav 1 or 2 set for use with the AP navigation modes (VOR,LOC). There are no C variables to monitor the selection, but at least with FS9 the XML variable "AUTOPILOT NAV SELECTED" seems to do the job.Arne Bartels

Hi all, would somebody kindly explain the use ofAP_NAV_SELECT_SET in XML?Do you still use AP_NAV1_HOLD_ON to turn the function on, and then use1(>K:AP_NAV_SELECT_SET) or 2 (>K:AP_NAV_SELECT_SET)with a seperate button to select which radio to use?cheers,nick

Nick,I use (>K:AP_NAV_SELECT_SET) to choose between NAV1 and NAV2 to steer NAV1 HOLD and APPROACH HOLDFrom SDK:"Sets the nav (1 or 2) which is used by the Nav hold modes"In my experience after selecting the nav radio, the autopilot automatically uses the choosen radio for the different nav1 modes.Works with (A:Autopilot Nav Sel, enum) or something like.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."