Sign in to follow this  
Guest yk123

Scenerey complexity affects eyepoint?

Guest yk123

Hi agian,Continuing to trouble shoot, mow finding that changing display settings{autogen, scenery complexity, terrian detail, etc.) from minimal to high changes the eyepoint in my landing view.Conditions:-A/C static on runway Also, the eyepoint is different in landing view(window07} compared to the "main"{wondow00} yet i dont see a landing view eyepoint reference in the panel.cfg. how is that accomplished?Thanks in advance,Tom

>Also, the eyepoint is different in landing view(window07}>compared to the "main"{wondow00} yet i dont see a landing view>eyepoint reference in the panel.cfg. how is that>accomplished?Tom, if hide the Main 2d Panel View (Shift-1), you'll notice immediately that the "outside" doesn't fill the full screen. In fact, properly adjusted, the "outside view" stops just below the top edge of the 2d panel. Because of this, the "eyepoint" is forced "UP" by the scaling of the outside view.The "outside" view on ANY OTHER WindowXX entry, is full-screen, which means of course, that the "eyepoint" is shifted downwards.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest yk123

Hi Bill,Thanks for the response. I'm pretty sure the trouble was caused by the autogen setting being at or near max. If i loaded fs, positioned on a runway airport of significant size(KDFW 17L), noted the eyepoint then flew once around the circuit, landed and stopped the eyepoint would be shifted slightly down. The difference being from start to finish is autogen being generated around the airport. I found that setting autogen to normal or so makes the eyepoint more stable.I also made the landing view a "fixed window" (as ive seen in other panels) allowing me to define an eyepoint specific to it. Lastly, I "pianted" my own "cross hair" right onto the bitmap. Pasted it level w/ the horizon when on ground. Now i have a visual cue of the nose orientation, while flying an approach with a lowered eyepoint.Regards,Tom Diack