Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

asterisk in AirEd entries

Greetings!Elementary question: What does the asterisk (*) in front of many AirEd entries mean? E.g. " *Engine Type = 1 "Perhaps an obsolete feature by now? But for the life of me I can't find the explanation in the Help page, nor on various fora. Wanna know, drives me crazy! :-)Thanks in advance for a clarification!Cheers,Martin

It means that additional help has been added to the right-click context menu "info" section.Fred

The above may be true, but if you right click most things, with or without the asterisk, you seem to get help. Look through the aired.ini file. I saw a small statement about the asterisk, but was in a hurry to go flying this morning.Ron Freimuth would be the one to give you the straight skinny. W. Sieffert

Guest Ron Freimuth

>The above may be true, but if you right click most things,>with or without the asterisk, you seem to get help. Look>through the aired.ini file. I saw a small statement about the>asterisk, but was in a hurry to go flying this morning.>Ron Freimuth would be the one to give>you the straight skinny.>W. Sieffert Yes, "*" is supposed to indicate that Info is available. Ranging from useless to good forumulas. Sometimes I put several lines of Info on a line before several related parameters. You don't know what might be there until you look. While I put a "!" here and there to indicate recent changes. Often minor. I eventually remove the "!"'s; after I figure the changes have been in for some time. Ron