Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

GPS "Maps" in C

Has anyone succeeded in figuring out how to read/display the terrain maps used by the default fs9gps in a C gauge?Getting all the other data isn't that difficult, but I'm stumped when it comes to reading the terrain map files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Nope, and I'd really be surprised if someone did. :-hmmmWell, I certainly haven't seen any fully implemented "terrain maps" in a commercial or freeware C gauge yet, so certainly it cannot be trivial... Also, it's doubtful that anyone who DID manage to crack this chestnut isn't likely to say how they did it... at least, not until they'd managed to milk the cow dry first! :)I just don't have the expertise to 'back trace' a program call from an XML gauge to determine what the precise pointer locations are being accessed. Perhaps this is something buried in one of the myraid .dll files of FS's engine...(@g:currentGroup) @kNAVPageGroup == :(Bill

Fr. Bill    

>Bill,>> There is a little more to it than that.. XML wise. You may be>on the right track but missing a value in C.Thanks for the reply. It would be too simple for there to be an L: type variable that one could "fetch" in a C gauge... :)

Fr. Bill    

Anyways,as far as I know those XML terrain maps are drawn by the gps.dll which can be found in the modules folder. That's all I seem to know about it. I have no idea about XML but I guess XML does certainly not access that DLL in a direct way but is rather being interpreted by FS, which processes the DLL.But I have really no clue if you can get somethin useful outta the DLL using C/C++. I actually doubt, heavily. :-hmmmGood luck though, Bill, and all of those who are trying hard to get it mastered... :-hahEtienne :-wave