Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

XML Gauge Question

Guest STF-DIR

Hello,i will try to create a gauge ( in XML ) where i can Display a view from FS2004, eg Front View without the Instruments.I have see in many original Airbus Cockpits that she hav a litle Screen with a view to the Front Gear. And this i will also have in my Airbus :-)Is it possible to create or can i find this Gauge in the Web ?Thanks for AnswersMatthias

Guest STF-DIR

Hello,very good News and Thanks !!I have testet the Code from the Link. Saved as an XML File, edit the c172 Cockpit background file and insert here a black area.(Text from the linked forum post :You need a RGB(0,0,0) "hole" in the panel bitmap to have it working. Also a "hole" prevents mouse actions, so costumize the hole (or place the gauge) cautiously. I'd preferred pitching and heading change instead of shifting, but it didn't work.Arne Bartels Now i have created a new panel view and here i take the new panel background with the XML Gauge directly over the black area, but it dosent work.I do anything wrong ?Pls , i`m a XML Beginner, can you help again ?Very Thanks Matthias

Guest STF-DIR

Hello again and very Sorry !I have found my Error ( Error by User :-) )In the Gauge is a switch to turn on and off the External view and i have pressed it and woila ... it works.Now i have a another question:I will implement this wonderful Gauge in my Airbus A320 and need now a litle switch Button outside the Gauge. The Button must switch the NAV MFD Monitor between the original and the View Gauge.Is it possible ?I post here : http://www.angel-fly.de/flir2 litle Pictures from the AB-Pro Cockpit with and without the Gauge...that was i need.Thanks againMatthias

Hi,That is possible.Make the camera and MFD dependant of a switch: (L:camera switch,bool)So camera is visible when:(L:camera switch,bool)etc.MFD is visible when:(L:camera switch,bool) !etc.Switch (somewhere, Area, on your panel):(L:camera switch,bool) ! (>L:camera switch,bool)Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest STF-DIR

Hello,yes it helps a litle bit, but the problem is that the camera goes to the backgroun when i will bring it on the panel ??I hope you understand the problem... when i create a new vie in fs2004 ( the camera is a view ) and i will bring it on then panel, it dosent work. The view goes to background and is not visible.Hmm, i dont no what i can do ??If you have icq you can contact me under 258167793 if you want.So we must not do here many Posts.What can i do ??Thanks for your HelpMatthias

Guest STF-DIR

Hello again,now i need only a litle help.This lines :(L:view_zoom, number) (L:view_up_offs, number) 10.0 * (L:view_right_offs, number) 10.0 * shows the front view of the Aircraft without the Panel, but i need the view from the VisitoAirkraft ( Beobachterflugzeug i dont now in english )How can i do that ?Matthias

Guest bartels

As far as I know you can't, it's allways the front view without the panel. It is also not possible to bank,pitch,turn the view angle, even if it is provided as parameters, it simply doesn't work. If the camera mount point is alway the same (tailfin in A340?) you might place a fixed bitmap of an aircarft in the corrct perspective over the view part, but without shading/illumination effects it will look weird.Arne Bartels

Guest STF-DIR

Hello,i have not understand 100% of your Post. ( my English is not wery god ).This Line from your Gauge Displays the front view:1. Question: How dow this line work for FS2002 ? [ fs2002view:view ] ?? Does not work.2. From where you have this code ?? I have searched and searched, but nothing found. Also no Examples about displaying FS Views with XML.I have downloadet the FS2004/02 SDK, but it is not helpful for me. Also 2 Files from AVSIM about XML Synthax, but also not very helpful.I cant something do with eg. this Lines from the Help :!TEXT=777_ENGINE_AUTOSTART HELPID_777_ENGINE_AUTOSTART !????? I dont know.But in the *k_events.txt File from the xmltp.zip Archiv i have found many View Switch Commands eg. "VIEW1_DIRECTION_SET" but here i dont know about parameters or syntax for xml. 1 of them will work a litle bit but not with the Gauge ! The view will change the FS Front view.You change the View with this lines : (L:view_up_offs, number) 10.0 * (L:view_right_offs, number) 10.0 * (L:view_up_offs, number) ++ (>L:view_up_offs, number) (L:view_up_offs, number) -- (>L:view_up_offs, number) but i dont understand how i can change here the view Mode ?I dont know from where comes the commands and so on.Please can you Help again ?In the another Forum ( i cant post in this ?? ) i can see the beutiful picture from the Apache http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/pavespawn/Image10.jpgHere is the View i need !Please HelpThanks a lotMatthias

Guest bartels

To 1. this featiure is FS9 only, it doesn't work with earlier versions.To 2. there is no documentation for fs9view:view available, as far as I know. There is however the spirit_periscope.xml in spirit_of_stlouis which uses the fs9view:view.>but i dont understand how i can change here the view Mode ?>I dont know from where comes the commands and>so on.You can only shift the view left/right and zoom, see the stlouis example.The fs9view:view method can't be influenced by any other command and can't switch to external view (as far as I know), but it can be part of the panel itself and therefore will move/resize etc. with the panel itself. The example on hoversim.com seems to be an extra view window, moved in the area of the panel. It will not move or resize with the panel, also it will be placed in the background quite fast (selection of the main window etc.).fs9view:view ca be integrated in a MFD if it is in XML, it can't be integrated in an existing .gau gauge.Arne Bartels