Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Doug Dawson's new XML Sound Gauge

Is a fantastic _must-have_. Especially if you used his prior version. The one runs completely off L:Var's and alleviates a whole lot of timing problems, remembering which sound file was what, etc, etc. It's nothing short of fantastic if you use addon sounds in your gauges/panels!

As Dougs tester and "co-thinker" :-) , I can confirm that this gauge is a must-use for anyone that designs gauges in XML.To do some more advertising ...1. Allow you to do almost anything with sounds:- Start/Stop playing sound files, singleshot or repetitively. (includes: stopping a single-shot sound prematurely, start a particular sound either single-shot or repetitively).- Ability to detect when a single-shot sound has finished playing- Ability to stop all playing sounds simultaneously with a single command.- Each sounds can be start/stopped via its own controlling L:Var, so no more synchronisation problems when (multiple) XML gauges simultaneously want to start/stop individual sounds.2. Total configuration control.- Gauge can be renamed, so a panel can have multiple, independant definitions of the gauge.- Each gauge reads an .ini file, with name/location of the .ini to be specified in the gauge definition as 5th parameter.- In the .ini file, the name/location of the used soundfiles can be specified, and also (in sound3) allow to define your own controlling L:Var names, per sound. - Which gives total designer-independability, in term of used L:Vars and soundfile names.Outstanding work, Doug !!!!Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,Just one question before I download and try it. Do I need FSUIPC.dll for this sound gauge?Best RegardsMatthias

>Hi All,>>Just one question before I download and try it. Do I need>FSUIPC.dll for this sound gauge?>>Best Regards>MatthiasNo! (another feature that falls in the "plus" category!)

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi E,Great! Thank you very much for this info. Seems I have something to do the next days.Best RegardsMatthias

Doug,Many thanks! Just finished installing your new sound gauge and i am amazed and very happy with the possibilities.So i experienced less heartache deleting the good old "afterburners"After installing all my sounds there are still 60 options left to fill.May be some Christmas sounds.Again, thanks for the gift!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,I am glad you are happy with the gauge. While the old version worked, it didn't have a lot of flexibility...You shouldn't run out of sounds - you can always make a copy of the gauge, with a new name. Load it into the panel with a new .ini file. That would get you another 100 sounds!Have fun with it.Thanks for the feedback.Doug