Sign in to follow this  
Guest pauld2004

help needed with XML sound v2

Guest pauld2004

Hi there,This is my first attempt at xml and I am quite lost. I would like to program a gauge that will play a sound (via Doug Dawson's XML sound 2) when the following conditions are met :1. Aircraft on ground2. autobrake RTO3. Ground speed >=10 knotsthis sound must also only play once.Can anyone please help me to get started.thanks in advancePaul

Hi Paul,Since your trigger to play the sound is not a one-time trigger but a static condition, you have to introduce some kind of state to allow the sound to be played once-only.E.g.: (not tested, but should work) (A:Auto brake switch cb, enum) 0 == (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:GROUND VELOCITY,knots) 10 > && && if{ (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>G:Var1) 1 (>L:PAUL_RTO_WARNING,number) } } els{ 0 (>G:Var1) } and, in the .ini file of Doug's sound gauge (use name PaulsSounds.ini or alike), define:[Config]MaxSounds=1Lvar=dsd_xml_sound_idLvarStop=Paul_AllSoundsStop[sounds]Sound00=./Sound/YourSoundFile.wav[LVars]Lvar00=PAUL_RTO_WARNINGThis assumes of course, that your warning sound is only a short sound that does NOT have to be stopped prematurely. Also possible, but with different code ..And use dsd_xml_sound3.gau (rename it to avoid conflicts with other designers), because that allows you to define your own L: variables for each sound. E.g. to PaulsSounds.gau.So the panel.cfg definition becomes:gauge**=PaulsGauges!RTO_Warning, 0,0gauge**=PaulsSounds!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/PaulsGauges/PaulsSounds.iniwith files PaulsSounds.ini and RTO_Warning.xml in the folder /gauges/PaulsGauges/ and file PaulsSounds.gau in the /gauges/ folder.I cannot be more helpfull for a new XML designer :-)Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest pauld2004

Hi Rob,Thanks for your help! I've written my own xml gauge now based on your example.One question: If I go into spot view and then return to cockpit, the sounds don't work anymore. Any idea why?regardsPaul

Paul,I'm beginning to suspect a bug in the gauge code. I will do some testing over the next day or two to see if I can nail it down...Doug Dawson

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I assume it's probably a configuration issue on my end, but it seems straight forward enough. Maybe someone can tell what might be going wrong. I'm using the ...sound2.gauDoug's Gauge:-----------Renamed "dsd_xml_sound2.gau" to "sound.gau" and placed in directory"./Gauges/my_aircraft" along with all my other gauges.Panel.cfg entry:------------------gauge16=my_aircraft!sound, 2,2,5,5, ./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/Panel_Sound.cfgSettings file:renamed "dsd_xml_sound.ini" to "Panel_Sound.cfg" and placed in directory ./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel along with all my panel sound files.Panel_Sound.cfg file:--------------------Ommited all entries except [Config] and [sounds], and made "Sound" the name of my Lvar:[Config]Lvar=Sound[sounds]Sound00=./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/altitude.wavSound01=./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/APU_fire.wavSound02=./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/bingo.wavCalling gauge:-------------Some Condition... 1 (>L:Sound, number)Nothing happens. I tried various configurations including the default locations and names, but it just doesn't work. Reading (L:Sound, number) always shows 0 where (I assume) it should show the "resting" value of 260 when not playing.Thanks,--Jon

Jon,Try changing this:Panel.cfg entry:------------------gauge16=my_aircraft!sound, 2,2,5,5,./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/Panel_Sound.cfgto thisgauge16=my_aircraftsound!dsd_xml_sound2, 2,2,5,5,./Aircraft/my_aircraft/Sound/Panel/Panel_Sound.cfgYou are welcome to rename the gauge, but the internal name will still be dsd_xml_sound2.Doug

Jon,Glad it was that easy to fix!Don't worry about payment - if I had charged for this thing, I would have about 600 warranty claims about now...It will remain free to all freeware users.Cheers,Doug

Guest pauld2004

Thanks Doug,I'll give it a try and will let you know.Paul